Graswald - Official Releases and Announcements

I really like that idea.

Anyone have any other 2.8 requests?

1 Like

Hey there, that’s only a naming issue, the add on itself is v1.14! I thought I fixed this already but probably forgot to reupload it to gumroad as well. Anyway, besides the name there’s nothing wrong IRRC.

There is some bugs I experienced, when I copy particle system or switch to other type of grass, the new type of grass have no material assigned until I click material mode button to select shared or unique material. Also the density in viewport is not automatically show the corresponding value until I retype the same value.

Today was supposed to be the day we wanted to release Graswald v1.15, but sadly, my Grandma’s WiFi decided that it didn’t want to support this plan, so instead of v1.15 release, there’s another christmas gift:

Until the 26th of December, GET 15% OFF Graswald now!

Use the discount code ‘Merry Christmas’ for the blendermarket or follow this link for the gumroad version.

Merry Christmas everyone!

4 Likes

just got mine yesterday. Look forward to 2.8 adventures with you. Looks epic.

2 Likes

Thanks very much. Duly bought and I’ll get creating once I’m back at my machine after the holidays. I can’t wait.

1 Like

Gosh very awesome work you guys…

1 Like

So finally after it being two of the most requested additions for Graswald, wind animation and viewport optimizations are finally integrated! Go and check it out:

Enjoy!

3 Likes

@Yukon @KareemAlgalaly i tested new version 1.15 with b3d 2.79 & 2.79.6 in one of my machine.
Config: core i7 4790k 4.0Ghz, 16GB Ram with an old GPU GT 610 2GB.
Populating a 100m x 100m plane with Density-80% and Display draw type-Textured freezes blender and its not responding. Only 4 GB of memory and 10-15% of my CPU are utilized.
But the system gets less responsive
does Graswald needs a good GPU?
Will check with other configs after this holidays.
Can u specify the system config and Scene information for the viewport optimization demo u showed in twitter.

A quick test for forest floor creation which took about 90 minutes to get. Obviously I would still want to tweak (I would tweak until the cows come home!) but I’m seriously in love with this addon.

Looking forward to seeing it in 2.8.

1 Like

So when does Graswald work in 2.8?
I bought the add on. Can’t use it?

Julius just added the alpha version of Graswald for 2.8 today. So you can play around with the pre-release if you already own it. (Same place as the 1.15 release)

3 Likes

Graswald_28_01a got error. Can add in preference. but can not active addon

mac osx blender-2.80-82e0739f6481-OSX-10.9-x86_64_emphasized text_

1 Like

@KareemAlgalaly @Yukon error while enabling the addon in b2.8

ValueError: register_class(…); already registered as a subclass

1 Like

I think this can be solved for now if you simply close blender after installing without saving anything or enabling anything and then open blender again. After that, it should work fine (at least for me it did).

@yukon not working for me, receiving the same error as @tallken mentioned AttributeError

not working for me . :disappointed_relieved:

Julius’s fix is for the “already registered” error
As for this “no user_preferences” this was reported and has to do with an API change in the newest 2.8.
I’ll fix this today.

2 Likes

I just uploaded the fix on gumroad, blendermarket is still loading but should be done in a bit.

2 Likes

Hi! I just installed the new version for 2.8, now i can enable the addon, but with some species I cant preview the materials in lookdev or render in eevee, looks kinda glitchy. I tried on 2 pc with different hardware and its not working properly… :cry: