Graswald - News and Work in Progress

Revamped an old scene, still not 100% happy, as some things are sticking into each other and I need to add some small sticks and debris (Which I need to create first) But overall, I’m quite happy. No post pro done yet, I’ll do it on the final render! Oh and the curly dock in here is not the final version, I changed it again, because it looks weird on this one, but anyway, this scene is just to show you what you COULD do! Enjoy it :wink:

Full res: http://imgur.com/iq1ABNt

Working on the stingin nettle:

Continued a bit on the stinging nettle. As you can see, the assets look cool in every lighting situation:

Top: one hdr strength 4, Bottom: hdr without sun strength 1 and sunlamp strength 4

Ahh, yeah they do! Insanely nice. I assume you’ll be releasing a free beta for testers sometime soon?

This is amazing stuff.

So UI still in progress, slow but steady.

Here is a screenshot of the add-system UI.

Ignore the dandelion, banana, and other thing. Those are temporary buffer images.

Blender’s internal UI code was not capable of what I sought to do with the add system menu.

The visuals look absolutely stunning, my friend! I’m excited to see the UI developments, too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates, I’m still working behind the scenes to finalize the pack and add some nice and useful features. I’ve already mentioned the age settings IIRC, this is just a small test on how it could look from age .5 to 1. Final version will have more differences between individual leaves, but this will be the colors you’ll get.

I also improved the way the material is displaying translucency, taking the angle into consideration and thus creating a smooth transition which is much more realistic, as well as some other small improvements:

Lovely plants. Really looking forward to playing with the procedural rock textures as well!

Dunno if you’ve already seen it, but I made this scene featuring graswald assets for my mum (she loves wolves). Only rocks and tree stumps are not from me.

no post-pro

Tested the HDRIs from hdrihaven.com , and I’m blown away! Only one hdri for lighting this scene, only assets used are the clover and some dead leaves. Coming closer to the final look I want…

If I may ask something about the geometry of these plants… I was wondering how you made these leafs. I’m guessing the large part of the leafs have no thickness? How about the leaf stems, do they have volume or are they flat?

Stems have volume, leaves do not. I think that is very important to achieve a realistic translucency effect!

Thank you! Your approach works really well, I absolutely love the example images you’ve posted.

So when is this going to be all released? I’m interested in getting it.

It all depends on how fast I can get the code operational. Being a full time student sucks up most of my time, so I can only work on it now and then, but we’re hoping before the end of this year.

For anyone who hasn’t seen it yet: Ribwort Plantain from young to old.

This is really promising product. Keep it up!

Dandelion young - old comparison. Only two more weeds that need Old textures :smiley:

WIP of some debris assets, mainly dead sticks, wooden pieces, needles and dead oak leaves: