Gravity?

Is there a way to set gravity so that I could walk all over a sphere without falling off?

And is there a way to set gravity in a certain direction?

Basically how do I control gravity in Blender?

I don’t know if there is a way to do this with Blender’s “Gravity” feature, but with python you could simulate gravity in the way it works on a planet by controlling downward force on the character. Or by making the character stick to the surface normals of the sphere.

If there was a way to just set how attractive an objoect was on a global level than I could set a sphere to a planet.

If you have ever played Super Mario Galaxy then you will know what I am trying to acheive.

I have just noticed that the default cube will stop at the grid where as other objects will fall to the plain which I created.

What is going on here?

I don’t know. We need more info to resolve your problem.

As far as the gravity thing, you should look into bullet-holes in some FPS template. The idea is that the gun shoots a ray and detects what the direction the hit normal is, then aligns the hole with that normal. You’d do something very similar with your character (perhaps with a constant local -z force of 9.81 to put in gravity).

Anyone read this thread and have a 360 controller? I will post my .blend if you like.

I noticed that the back and start buttons on the controller are stopping the object from falling.

Yes. Look here: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168829

And is there a way to set gravity in a certain direction?
Yes. You would define direction with a list that represents a 3D vector, and then you would pass that to GameLogic.setGravity().

You can find the detailed API documentation here: http://www.blender.org/documentation/249PythonDoc/GE/index.html

PS: Please stop double and/or triple posting. Think about what you want to say/ask, fit it all into a single post, and then wait for someone to answer before you make a new post.

If you make a mistake, you can always use the edit feature to fix your errors, or to add content to an existing post.

Thank you for that last post, still trying to get it to work though.