Grease pencil and sequencer in 2.5

Is grease pencil back in 2.5 and ready to be used with the sequencer ?

I need it to critique the work of my fellow animators at work :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks,

Gian

Unfortunately not yet. There are still some things needing to be done with that old bugger (the sequencer)…

Ohhh well. I’ll use 2.49 for the time being. The good thing is that 2.50 had screencast recording.

Thanks anyway.

-Gian

Are there any docs yet (other than cool video on Durian blog), on new Grease pencil functionality? It seems way more flexible than before, but I’m not sure how best to use it?

you might wanna check out this : http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177408

Do you know about the Advene project? It might be useful for your purpose.

It aims at providing a model and a format to share annotations about digital video documents (movies, courses, conferences…), as well as tools to edit and visualize the hypervideos generated from both the annotations and the audiovisual documents.

Why can’ I edit Grease Pencil “keyframes”? Where has the “Grease Pencil” mode in the DopeSheet gone?
This hasn’t been restored yet; I’ve removed the menu entry for now to reduce confusion if users go into this mode and nothing appears. Here it’s a combination of me not having had time to go over this yet, and the old code needing reimplementation due to changes in the way that 2.5 stores Grease Pencil data.

From Aligorith’s blog.