"Grease Pencil" forum?

Would it be possible to add a Grease Pencil-specific forum heading in the Support category?

I feel that the current headings all kinda miss the mark for GP-specific questions.

Thanks! :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree too. As the grease pencil is a big tool too.

@Fweeb what do you think?

Personally, I would prefer that folks take more advantage of the #greasepencil tag on their posts. That way, if you’re having trouble with the interface, you can post in #support:basics-interface, but with the #greasepencil tag. Likewise, if your issue is about animating with Grease Pencil, then you can post in #support:animation-and-rigging.

Grease Pencil objects are fantastic and 3D drawing in Blender is awesome. I love using it myself. However, it’s not like we have a specific category for mesh or curve objects.

What is we renamed the #support:modeling category to “Modeling, Sculpting, and Drawing”?

Seems reasonable to me. :man_shrugging:

Good point,
But if someone wants to learn the GP, and looks for reference, the topics will be spread out over a wide range of forums, but if there is a GP specific forum, the topics are in a single place.

But I’m fine with either outcome :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I wonder if we should start to enforce use of tags in these categories; that will also make them easier to discover. Try creating a post in the #general-forums:events category to see what that would look like.

You could still access #greasepencil to see all GP posts across different categories. The question is more how we make this easier to discover?

3 Likes

I think tag enforcement would be really helpful… especially if there’s a note that gives forum members a gentle reminder that tags exists, are useful, and should definitely be used.

Of course, the other half of the equation is making it more common to search the forum by tag as well. I’m not quite sure how to address that other than by setting the example and using tags in our own posts as much as we can.

2 Likes