Grease Pencil Sketch - Battle Angel Alita

I have been absolutely loving the grease pencil in 2.8 Here’s a quick sketch with some compositing which probably makes it worse XD
oh well. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Your work is awesome man…

1 Like

Wow! thank you very much…I realize now than rather than posting this here I should hae just started a sketchbook… :stuck_out_tongue: Ill do that with the other sketches Ive made and there is…a …lot :sweat_smile:

This is great! Did you color it in Blender as well?

1 Like

absolutely its 100% blender :slight_smile:

amazing work !!!

1 Like

Thank you very much for saying so :slight_smile:

1 Like

its incredible what you did with blender, i can almost say uts PS or SAO … !!!

1 Like

well, all credit goes to the developers for the implementation of the grease pencil. There is an argument to be made that using blender for static 2d art like this is a total waste, there are other apps designed to do this work better, but the fact that you can do it and that the brushes work so well is just amazing. Ive been playing around with it a lot and I can’t wait to see what they com up w next :slight_smile:

thank you again, btw. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve featured you on BlenderNation, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

HEHRMAHGHERD! :smiley: THANK YOU! :DDDDD
Im gonna enjoy the heck out of it with some fava beans and a nice chianti…svsvsvsvsvsvsvsvsvs XD

1 Like

Awesome work, looks very good!

Though I like this classic comic ink art style, I could not even imagine how the piece would look in EEVEE with cutting edge visuals. Do you plan to go even further with this? :slight_smile:

1 Like

:open_mouth: Thank you! :slight_smile:

How do you mean? like a full 3d model? if so, I would love to sculpt her provided I find the time…Though Im not certain that I could deliver those cutting edge visuals you’re craving :sweat_smile:

Yeah a 3D model would be cool! :slight_smile: But anyway keep up the good work.

1 Like