Great joke...

(valarking) #1

I know this was a link in Maddox’s new subpar article, but I thought this was hilarious:
http://www3.state.id.us/oasis/HCR029.html

Some quotes on why they think Napoleon Dynamite improved Idaho’s image:

WHEREAS, Tina the llama, the chickens with large talons, the 4-H milk cows, and the Honeymoon Stallion showcase Idaho’s animal husbandry; and…

WHEREAS, Napoleon’s artistic rendition of Trisha is an example of the importance of the visual arts in K-12 education; and…

WHEREAS, tater tots figure prominently in this film thus promoting Idaho’s most famous export; and

These guys have quite a sense of humor.

(osxrules) #2

If people need to use Napoleon Dynamite to improve their image, they must be in serious trouble. That ranks as one of the all time worst movies ever IMO. It’s just a nerd’s home movie. No jokes, no well laid out script, just awful from start to finish. It’s movies like that which damage the industry. I actually paid money to rent it out on DVD and I swore after watching it and I Heart Huckabees that I would never pay for a movie again until I’d seen a full preview of the movie beforehand.

(bmax) #3

Maddox isn’t subpar, he’s simply an original. I like to read his articles every once in a while, just to get a laugh. He does however get millions of pagevisits per month, meaning a lot of 14 year olds visit his site and subsequently kill the neighbor’s cat, but still. Not to mention the sadness of Idaho is apparent without his article. I mean, c’mon! :stuck_out_tongue:

(valarking) #4

blendermax, my point is that his new articles suck HARD compared to the old ones. This Napoleon Dynamite thing was the only thing I even smiled at in the article and he didn’t even make it. Ya, I know he’s working on a book and keeping busy blah, blah, etc… His really old articles were just one or two paragraphs of text and they addressed annoyances that we all know and hate. His new stuff takes things and tries to MAKE them to look annoying, but the articles are mainly just annoying.

(bmax) #5

You’re right, it does lack some of the wittiness of the previous ones.

The guy’s getting old, give him a break! :stuck_out_tongue:

(dante) #6

I like ND and I Heart Huckabees. I have no idea why I liked either of them.

(slikdigit) #7

well, ND was Ok, and huckabees was pretty good… of course, I try not to debate questions of taste :wink:

(orion119net) #8

ND was funny the first 2 times. after that…