Grey Fox/Cyborg Ninja Helmet

I’ve now managed to remove 4 of the 8 poles by adding two more cuts to the previous retopo. That, combined with a quick smooth of the sculpt has helped a lot.

Still an odd bit of shading but that’s due to the poles obviously. I’ll salvage what I can from the other sections and see about filling them out.

So, here are another bunch of renders after trying to clean up the topology.

I’ve also uploaded some potential fixes.

So, this shading issue comes from an Ngon. Any ideas about what to do there? With a Sub-d on it it looks okay, but I’m sure that could lead to other problems down the road.

Not really sure as to why I have this strange shading on the images below, but perhaps removing the red edges and spacing the green one on the head piece might help.

I’ll also add another edge (the green one on the cheek plate) to break up that Ngon on the front.

After this then the workflow would be to add a solidify mod and apply it, crease all the edges, then add a bevel and sub-d to smooth it all out a little, right @masterxeon1001?

Pinching problems.

Any suggestions as to how to avoid the corners pinching after applying the solidify and creasing the edges?

ETA: I’ll try removing the crease and adding in a ctrl+b bevel, and maybe some edge loops. Read a few things about this problem so I’ll play around with it tomorrow to see what I can do.