⚠️Grid gallery view temporarily disabled

Today’s site update broke something in the Grid Gallery view and I had to disable it while I look in to the issue. I’m a little busy this weekend, so it may take a few days, sorry!

something just happend to the site for 5 min
was it a part of this ? or is it my connection ?

Yes, after the update the site failed (showed a blank page), and I had to do several rebuilds to pinpoint the source. It turned out to be the Grid view.

A ‘full rebuild’ takes about 5 minutes and during this time the site is offline.

As a temporary workaround, I can activate a ‘tiles’ view for topic lists. Here’s an example, what do you think?

https://blenderartists.org/c/artwork/finished-projects

it looks nice … but it overlaps sometimes !!!

Hmm I don’t see that here in Chrome/Safari/Firefox. Which browser/OS do you use? And have you tried reloading the entire page? Some CSS might have changed since I switched this on.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Site is slow + reply doesn’t work

Will the tile images be higher quality? If not they should be smaller because the compression is really bad right now.

No; it’s a temporary workaround, I’ll bring the original gallery back asap.

Sorry guys it was me. I pressed the red button after I was told not to press the red button.

1 Like

Hey @bartv, when you do get to poking around in the code, maybe you can look into the mobile issue. I’m sure there’s a lot of folks visiting the site from their phone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bartv Sorry for the little bit offtopic.
In the “finished projects” I see the thread in this way

I can’t remember if I pressed a key button to activate or is this by default.
Is this a way to revert to the previous layout like this

I can’t find a way to do it.

Right now you can’t switch back. Once the original tiled gallery is back you can toggle between the two listing modes.

1 Like

Ok. thank you very much

Just a heads up (not sure if you’re aware) but the tiled images seem quite pixelated.

sounds like the gallery is currently a work in progress, so I’m not sure if my issues are bugs or intended behaviour.

the grid view tries to animate tiles flying in as they load which feels like its trying to be “showy” but for me just creates visual noise when scrolling.

also while I’m not opposed to a grid view, I find the inconsistent alignment with various length text blocks makes it feel more visually cluttered. if point is to emphasize the art, all the text takes away from it and would be better served by the list view where the text has a dedicated column.

anyway, whatever people decide, thanks for maintain a great forum in general!

1 Like

The grid view is kind of blurry and I don’t like it. Is there another way to get the old view back? I’m using this workaround:
https://blenderartists.org/tags/c/artwork/finished-projects/none

How are you seeing the grid view? It’s still disabled on my end.

I can only see the grid view. Or should I call it the tiled view? Anyway, it’s the one with the larger blurry icons.