⚠️Grid gallery view temporarily disabled

(<== Lost? Click Me) #21

I only see something like it via https://blenderartists.org/c/artwork/finished-projects. Other sub forums are list view. It looks like this for me:

0 Likes

(cgCody) #22

Hmm. I’m on my phone now, but that link shows as a list view under mobile or forced desktop versions of the site.

0 Likes

(Bart Veldhuizen) #23

Yes my goal is to get the old grid back, but I’ve been too busy with work the last 2 weeks to put in the time.

0 Likes

(Bart Veldhuizen) #24

I’ve set the ‘tile view’ in #artwork:finished-projects to use higher resolution images now. This means the image quality is much higher on retina screens, but it will also use more data and might make the page a bit slower. Is this better?

Still no progress on the ‘tiled’ gallery, sorry.

1 Like

(<== Lost? Click Me) #25

It looks much crisper now thank you. I’d even poll / consider keeping it that way.

Edit: As aspect ratios are being accounted for the alignment thing should be ignored.

2 Likes

(Bart Veldhuizen) #26

Yeah that’s an interesting thought indeed, I’ve been wondering the same thing myself. I like how the images are larger and provide more context.

1 Like

(cgCody) #27

I like it. It’s a bit like Zbrush Central’s tile view. Would it be possible to have it working under mobile?

0 Likes

(Bart Veldhuizen) #28

Not right now, but I asked about it:

1 Like

(Bart Veldhuizen) #29

Looks like tiles on mobile are coming soon!

1 Like

(cgCody) #30

Very nice! What are the stats on mobile users here, anyway? Am I in the minority? Just curious. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

(Bart Veldhuizen) #31

About 10% of daily visits. I tend to use mobile a LOT to check moderation queues etc.

1 Like

(cgCody) #32

Wow! Lower than I thought. Guess I shouldn’t be suprised though, being a computer related forum.

I TRY to refrain from visiting when at my workstation, lest I get sucked into the blackhole of procrastination. :smile:

1 Like

(scorpius) #33

The icons are still blurry. It looks like they are actually 160 x 160, and then simply scaled up to 335 x 335. Is this to save bandwidth?

0 Likes

(Bart Veldhuizen) #34

On which page?

0 Likes

(<== Lost? Click Me) #35

For me Finished Projects is again showing mostly lower res thumbs like so:

FinProjectsLoRes

Other few like Mountain Goat, Butterflies, Sculpt January 2019 show the higher res thumb.

0 Likes

(Bart Veldhuizen) #36

Ah you’re right. Can you try again please?

1 Like

(<== Lost? Click Me) #37

Looks good again to me. Thanks.

1 Like

(scorpius) #38

OK, they are not blurry anymore.

0 Likes

(scorpius) #39

The problem is back!

Only now some of the icons are blurry and some are not. This happens in the animations, finished projects, and probably all the other sections.

For example, a blurry icon’s url:
(https://blenderartists.org/uploads/default/optimized/4X/e/f/9/ef963e21fbab861d79734efb3f0778f05337113e_2_160x160.gif)
and a sharp icon:
(https://blenderartists.org/uploads/default/optimized/4X/d/2/0/d20450a4e6a99f2903855562a5cfa87192a90791_2_690x388.jpeg)

The first one is blurry because it is 160x160 and then upsampled to 346x346. The second is 690x388 and remains sharp when downsampled 346x346.

This happened in the last day or so.

0 Likes

(Bart Veldhuizen) #40

Thanks for reporting! Should be fixed now.

0 Likes