⚠️Grid gallery view temporarily disabled

(<== Lost? Click Me) #21

I only see something like it via https://blenderartists.org/c/artwork/finished-projects. Other sub forums are list view. It looks like this for me:

(cgCody) #22

Hmm. I’m on my phone now, but that link shows as a list view under mobile or forced desktop versions of the site.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #23

Yes my goal is to get the old grid back, but I’ve been too busy with work the last 2 weeks to put in the time.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #24

I’ve set the ‘tile view’ in #artwork:finished-projects to use higher resolution images now. This means the image quality is much higher on retina screens, but it will also use more data and might make the page a bit slower. Is this better?

Still no progress on the ‘tiled’ gallery, sorry.

(<== Lost? Click Me) #25

It looks much crisper now thank you. I’d even poll / consider keeping it that way.

Edit: As aspect ratios are being accounted for the alignment thing should be ignored.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #26

Yeah that’s an interesting thought indeed, I’ve been wondering the same thing myself. I like how the images are larger and provide more context.

(cgCody) #27

I like it. It’s a bit like Zbrush Central’s tile view. Would it be possible to have it working under mobile?

(Bart Veldhuizen) #28

Not right now, but I asked about it:

(Bart Veldhuizen) #29

Looks like tiles on mobile are coming soon!

(cgCody) #30

Very nice! What are the stats on mobile users here, anyway? Am I in the minority? Just curious. :slight_smile:

(Bart Veldhuizen) #31

About 10% of daily visits. I tend to use mobile a LOT to check moderation queues etc.

(cgCody) #32

Wow! Lower than I thought. Guess I shouldn’t be suprised though, being a computer related forum.

I TRY to refrain from visiting when at my workstation, lest I get sucked into the blackhole of procrastination. :smile: