It works perfectly on my PC’s blender, looks very nice :smile:

3 Likes

I tested this on my PC, but failed…

import bpy
import subprocess
import ensurepip
ensurepip.bootstrap()
pybin = bpy.app.binary_path_python
subprocess.run([pybin, '-m', 'pip', 'list'])
subprocess.run([pybin, '-m', 'pip', 'install', 'Pillow'])

When it run the install line, it has path error …

Got returncode=1, so an error? Look what I Found: https://github.com/s-leger/blender-pip It’s from the same guy who made Archipack. See the description he also mentioned installing Pillow.

Kushiro I did not understand this ‘shared edge’ thing. Can you put a very small explanatory video please?

1 Like

Yes here :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the link ! It is a great reference. I studied his code, it seems that Blender’ python folder really has access right problem (read-only), so people use “user site-package” option for PIP

There is related discussion on blender :

MACHIN3 (MACHIN3tool) author posted this code

def verify_user_sitepackages():
    usersitepackagespath = site.getusersitepackages()

if os.path.exists(usersitepackagespath) and usersitepackagespath not in sys.path:
        sys.path.append(usersitepackagespath)

it seems that :

1. PIP need user site-package option , because the package folder is read-only
  2. user site-package setting need to be “ensure”, need to check and create it

(updated : I am testing the code)

1 Like

Test result (blender-pip library) :

Pillow installed successfully !
Scipy install failed … (same error occur) :sweat_smile:

The most important library that I need is Scipy… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

There’s also an addon I made https://github.com/amb/blender_pip
Tested in 2.83 and should work.

1 Like

Thanks! I will look into the code.

In fact, I can successfully install scipy by using command line on console
"C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.90\2.90\python\bin\python.EXE" -m pip install --user scipy

However it error when I put in script :sweat_smile:

PIP outputs to stderr stream if the PIP binary is not up to date, which is not actually an error, just a request for update. But it might still interrupt the process the same way as if error happened. My addon will report these errors so it should be easier to debug.

Bug fix update 1.9.10:

• Fixed bug for Incorrect functions for ngon cut and triangles cut
    (broken it by mistake :weary:)
3 Likes

Sorry everyone, too much bug fix updates :pensive:

Version 1.9.11:

• Fixed a critical Boolean Slicing bug : when you have some hidden mesh, the hidden mesh will become duplicated after slicing

I didn’t know that blender’s boolean API does not remove hidden mesh after intersect …

2 Likes

Strange! What do you do for stopping the line drawing function after ‘gluing’ the second shape to the first one? Here in me, it still continues to stay in the drawing mode. Do you click some key on the keyboard for finishing the drawing function?

@Kushiro could you keep one or two older versions downloadable in case of bugs or other problems with the newest version? Also don’t worry to much, you are doing good work.

You can’t saw it because the video it’s to fast, you can share edges but you need to close all shapes (I think or I don’t understand :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it seems that is so. And it seems that it works only in the cases of creating faces.

In the video, however, it gives the impression that creates ngons too (in the 14 sc. of the video) but it must be just an impression.

Yes, it only works for creating new faces !
You need to draw two shape (and close them) independently, just like you do it before
If two edges are same position and same length, and you checked the option in Left-bottom, then they will be merge into one edge :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :slightly_smiling_face:
Oh, it is a good idea, I will put one more stable version on gumroad for backup !

1 Like

Starting from now, I keep two version of Grid Modeler on gumroad
One is older stable version (1.9.6)
One is latest version (1.9.11 and go on)
Just in case the latest version has any critical problem :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Blade making :wink:

4 Likes