Grid & qube only show up in wire-frame mode

I DL’ed Blender2.69 for Debian Linux (NOT ubunto) and used Synaptic to DL Blender2.63 (current in stable repository)
and every thing I can find that has anything to do with OpenGL, OpenAL, OpenCL, GLSL, glibc and a few other things I saw along the way.

Neither one of these blenders will show the grid Or the beginning cube in any mode Except Wireframe.

I have an AMD fx 8core, NVidia geforce GTX 650 (and windows runs Blender fine on this box, as far as I can remember)

Somebody please give me a clue, Thank You :slight_smile:

Don’t use repository versions of Blender. They are not maintained by the Blender Foundation and have all sorts of odd internal incompatibilities and weirdness creep in. Just download directly from Blender.org.

perhaps I misscomunicated:
I DL’ed the latest Blender2.69 From Blender.org,
It had the problem of the ground-Grid not showing, the default qube not showing, and the Camera not showing UNLESS it was in Wireframe mode.

I thought it might be some dependency I had missed so I installed “every thing I can find that has anything to do with OpenGL, OpenAL, OpenCL, GLSL, glibc and a few other things I saw along the way.”

It still had the above stated problem.

THEN I decided to install the Blender2.63 from Debian Linux Repositories in the hope that it would add whatever I was missing and straighten out this issue.

It is still not showing the grid, default cube, camera, objects, etc UNLESS it is in wireframe mode.

can somebody help me get it going? (it works on windows 7 os on the same machine, I simply hate using windows especialy when I have to clean it Every Damned Time I use it before shutting it down Just to get the parasites off of it)

What driver do you use for your Geforce card? Did you try the proprietary one from nVidia (Debian Wiki)?