Grid: resolution/division difference between perspective and orthogonal

My grid has a different level of division between the axes views (top, front, etc) and the perspective view. Frankly, it’s disorienting: why should it change?

Is there a way to have the grid maintain one consistent division level?

MORE: oddly, before I’ve ‘tilted’ it at all but WHILE it is in perspective mode (iow, I’m viewing directly down the axis but in perspective), Blender DOES display the minor divisions in correct perspective. However, and freekin’ SADLY :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:, the instant I rotate the perspective the minor divisions disappear. IOW, obviously it has the capability of displaying the minor divisions, but somewhere it is being prevented. :angry:

Could this be a theme thing???

Minor divisions are only displayed in the top, bottom, left, right, front, back views in both modes.

You could always change the Grid Scale to 0.1 instead of 1.0

::sigh:: :roll_eyes: I wonder why they made THAT decision. :roll_eyes:

Here’s a screen grab from BEFORE any tilting occurs. Seems useful to me to have the minor divisions. :angry:

I must admit I never, ever use Grid Snapping. I have the grid displayed just to remind me where the “floor” is. I prefer to type in measurements and snap to existing vertices most of the time.