Grilled Meat in Pan

Rendered in Cycles with 1500 samples and post-processing in PS. There are some light issues that I’ve noticed now but I hope you still like it!

11 Likes

I like how elegant it is. Just meat, metal, and herb. Nice texture on the meat and good modeling with the pan.

Did you consider denoising?

1 Like

I have a freakily non stick pan like that, I did not think it was noise. Looks lovely, my only quibble would be the bump and roughness of the meat, it seams a little too smooth, maybe break it up a bit with a noise or voronoi texture. The colour palette is very pleasing.

1 Like

Hey, thank you! And if you talked about the grainy look of pan, its actually materials itself.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve tried to add displacement, but my computer couldn’t handle it. I will definitely try to get that more realistic

You could try making a normal map in gimp/photoshop and a bump map, the 2 combined do a good job mimicking displacement.

1 Like

I like the juicy colors of the meat. I would use like a subtle displacement on the grill marks though.

1 Like

Take the photo at the top of this article for example. The areas where the meat is burnt actually effect the shape of the meat.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Thank you!

1 Like