Grr. I don't want it to bounce off walls, just stop!

Okay, I just finished a simple game engine tutorial. (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BSoD/Introduction_to_the_Game_Engine) I figured after that I’d try my hand at what I assumed would be a simple game to make. I’ve run into a couple problems though.

One. I want my object to move left and right only (at first atleast) but I want a restriction to how far it can move in either direction. I didn’t know how to achieve this (maybe I didn’t pay too much attention to the tutorial? lol) so I figured I’d just try to put up some invisible walls where I want the object to stop (verticle planes actually…) However, whenever the object (a ball) hits the wall it bounces off of it and goes the direction it came from. How can I restrict its left/right movement?

Also, I can’t seem to figure out how to make it to where I can use the mouse (not mouse buttons) to make it move left and right. I am terribly newbie, but I am trying, I swear! lol… please help me!

Btw… I don’t have python, don’t know a thing about programming, and I am trying to do this with the logic options or whatever in Blender and nothing more.

Hi. Are you using force to move the object? Using LinV or DLoc to move things shouldn’t cause much of a bounce. You can check the restitution (bounciness) in the DYN settings in the objects material buttons, but I think the default is 0.

Also, I can’t seem to figure out how to make it to where I can use the mouse (not mouse buttons) to make it move left and right. I am terribly newbie, but I am trying, I swear! lol… please help me!
Btw… I don’t have python, don’t know a thing about programming, and I am trying to do this with the logic options or whatever in Blender and nothing more.[/quote]

I believe you will have to use a python script for this. Here I was curious so I made a demo of both these problems: mouseControllDemo.blend
Warning this uses a script :wink:
Its not the best mouse controll but it seems to work most the time.

I am pretty sure you have python, or can blender run without it?

Edit: I overlooked the part where you said you didn’t want to use python. I can’t figure out how to get the mouse location info from logic bricks, but maybe someone will jump in here.