GSoC: Bullet Integration (Aligorith)

Very nice http://aligorith.blogspot.com/

more fun than a plane full of monkeys!

Thanks (jay).

P. Monk

Another interesting read- I think this GSOC will be a pretty big deal to the animators out there.

I’m curious about one thing, I’ve been poking around a bit about Blender implementing dynamic constraints, will this project make that happen via Bullets constraint system- plus with the ability to tweak afterwards!

He is a genius. In his blog, he’s writing -must-see- valuable articles too. :slight_smile:

will this make the simulations more precise also? his stuf seems to integrate the bullet physics, in the viewport so you can do interactive physics stuf, not simulations.

It’s huge though! and I hope it helps blender utilize bullets to the next level.

Happy birthday aligorith, kinda late but better than never!

Hi, so I’ve just compiled a win32 version of this branch(soc-2010-aligorith-2) to test how Bullet in the viewport might work. I have to say that it’s very impressive. From the design (i.e. buttons in the left toolbox) to features that are completed so far.

The build can be found on my website (latest blog post) for people to try with a windows system. Note that a build of this on graphicall.org doesn’t work very well.

Just wanted to thank the developer for his hard work.

Any idea on when this might show up in Blender? Will it need another summer of code?

For what I can remember testing this, it doesn’t support scrubbing and it could be quite a hard-to-get yet basic feature. But I hope it makes it into trunk. Haven’t you noticed what the button withe the former radiosity logo does? I know Aligorith’s been experimenting with the manipulators, but I fail to see what it’s changed.

For what I can remember testing this, it doesn’t support scrubbing

Yes just noticed that…it can scrub forwards but not backwards…

New test:
http://www.vimeo.com/16670680

Holy crap that’s cool.

nice - how are you doing the realtime lighting? Do you have a blend you can share?

New test:
http://www.vimeo.com/16670680

impressive stuff.

From his blog, yesterday:

Exams Over + Other News

At long last, exams (and thus the uni year) are over at last! Yipee!

So, this means that I finally have time to work on various projects again. Including…

• Completing the Bullet Integration work
    [LIST]
  • Baking and Scrubbing (Pointcache support)

[/LIST]

So he’s going to start working on scrubbing. :smiley: Awesome!
Go check out the rest of the post, other awesome stuff in there:

i think he means the force affecter can be changed in realtime in the viewport and the bullet calculations are realtime. no the GI rendering :slight_smile:

Hey, that was the final render.
I mean that in the viewport everything is interactive… but I didn’t render the OpenGL view, that was the final Render with some indirect light and Glow composited.

So, this means that I finally have time to work on various projects again. Including…
Completing the Bullet Integration work
Baking and Scrubbing (Pointcache support)
Great news

I will be watching this project closely.

Hello,

Any news for this project ? I can’t see any recent build at graphicall with the Bullet Integration.
Also, I didn’t succeed to build the aligorith’s branch in Mac OS X with scons …

Thanks for any help/news

Anyway, sounds promising and i can wait testing it :smiley:

I’m interested aswell, hope he will continue working on, but has passed several months without updates :frowning: , another GSOC without completition? if so… I don’t get the point about the GSOC projects.