Gualtiero

Here is Gualtiero, a fictional character born from the desire to try my hand at all the expressive possibilities that this kind of subject offers. Sculpted and textured entirely in Blender, without the use of external resources. All textures are obtained by baking the high definition sculpted model. A completely “do it yourself” job!

61 Likes

Waw! Supergood! :+1: And very nice lit too! :ok_hand: Really marvelous! :dizzy_face:

3 Likes

Very good, congratulations!

1 Like

Bravo nice work Marco!! hey you wouldn’t mind if you share an detailed screenshot of you skin material setup please? and lighting setup as well…

1 Like

:muscle: This is very well done!!

1 Like

@MxD @AlexandreMP @jprc Thanks so much!
@MichaelBenDavid Thank you man! I don’t think some node setup screenshots could tell you much, not without showing you every single texture as well. But I can tell you that everything comes from high definition sculpting (the mesh had a multiresolution modifier for a total of over 50,000,000 faces, I have a very powerful PC and I can manage it) and from the consequent baking of a NORMAL and a DISPLACEMENT map and other utility maps which I then mixed to obtain a ROUGHNESS, a SPECULAR and an SSS map. For the COLOR MAP I texturized in stencil mode using high resolution photo clippings found online! As for the lighting setup, nothing could be simpler, believe me. No HDRI, so a completely dark environment with an area key light and a very dim area back light. A little bit of composition with some color balancing and a lens dispersion node to achieve maximum realism.

1 Like

what about the radius and scale for SSS? heck i would like to see your sss map and how you painted the influence, also is this bust at real life scale perhaps?

1 Like

Very realistic!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Great work!
It is good to know that all this can be done entirely in Blender :star_struck:

1 Like

Bravo Marco!
This is maybe the best portrait I’ve ever seen on 3d forums. It is not only photorealistic, everybody can do photoreal things nowadays with a little self-training. It is realistic, and in the best way. What I love are the details that too often are made “by-the-book”. And I mean the slightly imperfect mouth line, the prominent eye corners (as old men have), the arbitrarily irregularity of the wrinkles. Top notch, everything, really.
Even the name fits well, given this guy is from Italy, hands down.

1 Like

Hi @lsscpp, yes Gualtiero is an Italian “boy”, and i am too. Gualtiero is a very rare name, one of those that are no longer used today, therefore perfect for an eighty year old like him. It is always very nice when someone appreciates your work by spending a few minutes of their time writing something like you did. Thank you man!

1 Like

INSANE amount of detail and full of life! LOVE IT! Congrats!

3 Likes

Awesome! Especially the vellus hair.

2 Likes

yep, I guess he’s one of those who may call us “nànni” or even “nìni” :wink:

1 Like

This is insane. Great job!

1 Like

Really impressive! Thanks for sharing this.

1 Like