Gun Rigging Issue with Bullet Animation

Pfa the gun blend file.

When the trigger bone is rotated in X Axis, mechanism works in such a way that the Bullet comes out of the gun correctly.

After this I want to animate the Bullet separately from the gun. Right now if I move the gun the bullet moves along with it which creates a problem as I want the movement of the gun to be different than the movement of the bullet.

If I unparent it, it changes its animated position and goes back to the default position. I want to continue the bullets animation after unparenting it for further animation.

Kindly help. Highly appreciate all the help.

Attachments

gun.blend (1.3 MB)

Use “Child Of” constraints for the bullet trajectory - you can have many and set the influence to 1 for active and 0 for inactive.

So the trajectory is a Child Of the gun when you fire it and a Child Of a fixed object (like the ground) after you fire it. You can keyframe the influence value - just RMB-Click the box and chose “Insert Keyframe” - change the two influence values over successive frames.

Don’t mess with parenting - like you say it moves things where you don’t want them!

Cheers ,Clock.

Excellemt idea, clockmender!!

Great! Thanks for the reply @clockmender… tried your suggestion… works with empties… but when I tried it with bones, it again moves unpredictably. Also I cannot link the Rig which is totally made with empties. When I make a Proxy of the Rig totally made with empties, it breaks all the constraints used.

Thanks again @clockmender

Do let me know if there is a solution for the same.

We need to see the blend file. Also I am concerned that you have a rig made of empties…

So post the blend file and I will take a look when I get home again.

Cheers, Clock.