gun

this is my second attempt at a gun model(first sucked)

soooo what do you think? http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/9216/sniper3dc.jpg

Pretty good. :slight_smile: Kinda an M-4/M-16 with telescoping stock, eh?

Are you going to use subsurfacing or smoothing on it to get rid of the hard edges? :slight_smile:

Also, what is that hanging below the barrel?

i don’t know. it was in the reference picture. Should i take it out?

Is the object below the barrel part of a laser sight. They don’t always have to be on top.

I don’t think I’ve seen a laser sight like that on that weapon, but could be. :slight_smile:

As long as you have a reference pic, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. :slight_smile:

Whatever’s below the barrel looks really messy and not much like anything. I would take it out, personally.

It’s all extremely boxy and only vaguely resembles an M4. The “cutout” process you seem to have used just don’t work for weapon modelling. You’ll probably have to start over if you want to make it really look good. Don’t be discouraged though, starting out is hard but once you get the hang of it you’ll be doing fine. The best procedure is to model the parts individually and put them together.

Personally, I think an M4 is a bit complex to start with, I did a MAC-10 for my first gun because it’s pretty simple in shape (and it still took me 15-20 hours to finish the mesh).