Gyes : RMG and RTG ( Random Material and Texture Generator )

New update. I added percentage randomisation. Now you can control how much random your material is . You can randomise existing material as much you want. GUI update, click on Mode and it will navigate through several pages of the GUI. “Percentage” page will give you even more option to apply specific percentage randomisation to specific parameters, all other parameter not covered by the specific percentages are covered by the general percentage. When a specific percentage is zero, the general percentage is used instead for that area. When a specific percentage is not zero then general percentage is ignored and specific percentage is used instead. If you dont want to randomise that area at all, in “simple” page use the corresponding button to completely disable that area , the percentage slider will also be disable in the “percentage” page.

Percentage randomisation means that the parameter is randomised inside a range of percentage of the full range of the value. For example a 50% randomisation of the specular intensity means the following :

specular intensity start from 0 and end 1 , 1 being the maximum value , 50% of 1 is 0.5 . If your existing specular intensity value is 0.3 then randomisation will range from 0.05 to 0.55 , which mean it can be any value that exists in this range which is a diffirence of 0.5 or 50% of full range. Of course randomisation takes always the current value as starting point so the next randomisation will use the current randomised value. Randomisation is always 50% of the specific percentage bellow the current value and 50% above . If the percentage exceeed minimum and maximum values of the full range, then it will default to minimum and maximum accordingly.

here is the new gui percentage with mode button.Click on the mode button to navigate through the diffirent GUI pages.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/TheKilon/percentagemode.png

There is a “help” gui page that offers a summary help for quick reminder of the functionality. “Template” page is empty as templates are yet to be implemented. “Simple” page has the old enable disable checkboxes which I have replaced them as enable / disable switch buttons (enable / disable randomisation for a specific group of parameters ) along with a general percentage that for convenience also exists in percentage page. I hope you find the new additions helpful and easy to use . Have a nice day.

As always you can download the script from here – > https://github.com/kilon/Gyes