Hacked's Music for Your Games: Free!

Yo! Been a while since I’ve been here. Love Blender and the BA community. I’ve been writing music for about a year now.

If anyone’s interested in getting some music done for their game, I’m your man. I can do just about any kind: electronic, symphonic, rock… And it’s Free! Just looking to give back, be creative, have fun… :slight_smile: .

Reply or PM with some details about your game and I’ll get to you soon.

~ hacked

EDIT: here are the tracks I’ve already done for the community – http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1149424

Good to know

Monster

Really? It would be super cool if there were anyone interested.

I’ve got one that i asked a mate for some music that hasnt come through… I’ll PM the details. I love the samples on your page :smiley:

Alright, I got a taker! I’m going to try getting your requested tracks done by end of next week… first I gotta hit the books on Japanese scales etc. :smiley:

yes ! you definitely can …

By the bye, just because I’ve got one job doesn’t mean you can’t hit me with moar ;D

Keep 'em coming.

Hmm, my game is soundless! I’ll contact you in a few hours!

Good music!

Keep it up!

Here is the new soundtrack to saeblundr’s game “Daruma”. Made over the weekend :slight_smile:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1149424&content=music

Enjoy and keep the requests coming! (Working on torakunsama’s COS soundtrack now :] )

• hacKed

Would you mind me asking what you use to record your music (software/hardware/instruments)? I don’t mean to be nosey, but I’d like to try my hand at it too, somewhere down the road.

Yo, Zaeche! Ha! Hahaha!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

There’s no way I’d ever tell you ANYTHIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNG!!!

jk jk lolol

No, seriously, you’re not being nosy at all! It’s really fun, and once you get past the basics it’s fairly easy, too.

I’m using the program Reaper to record and edit my music. I have a cheap-o MIDI keyboard and an audio interface, but none of the sounds I’ve shared so far have used any audio except what I can make on my computer using free software (except Reaper, lol!).

What do you know about music so far? Play any instruments or anything? If you’d like to make electronic music, I can show you a lot more stuff, but I’m not going to turn this into a music tutorial thread, lol! tbh I’m itching to show other people… teaching is the best way to learn. PM me if you want the whole brain dump :wink:

hah, that is fantastic mate, the menu tune is PRECISELY how I was thinking it would sound. phenomenal.

@saeblundr: Awesome! If you could, add me in the credits as hacked, maybe with a link to my soundclick account (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/hacked)? And let me know when your game is done, I would obviously love to see it!

Hmm, I’m thinking about rights etc. I’ll just go with the I Don’t Care License :stuck_out_tongue:

http://bafull.cgcookie.netdna-cdn.com/images/smilies/sago/eek.gif

Ha, no worries. I like to think I have a good ear for music but I shan’t say much in the way of musical tastes since that is very subjective. Staying within the boundaries of game music, I can say I am a big fan of Jeremy Soule. Oh, and Nobuo Uematsu. Infer from that what you will ;).

Well, I thought I’d learn the guitar years ago and took a few lessons. Then I stopped, focused on school, until about a month ago when I picked my guitar up again, dusted the cover, and started learning it again - by myself this time though. I ought to mention I’m learning the classical guitar so yes, not as easy as it sounds. Aside from that, I’ve been meaning to get myself an ocarina - love the sound.

That lead me to look into good sound editing programs recently and when I happened upon this thread, my mind silently exclaimed (‘Aha!’) and here I am. I’d love to hear more, so keep an eye out for a PM; brain dump be thrice welcome. Agree about the teaching/learning thing, but quite honestly, I’m not the best of teachers so more power to you.

Cheers

License: I dont care -WITH- ATTRIBUTION obviously :wink:

Right ^___^’’

I do exactly the same thing… just my music sucks. Anyway, if you’re willing to help with my game, just PM me to let me know and I’ll send you the details.

Matthew.