So yes, this project is actually still alive. Even if the thread was on the fourth page. Sorry about that, it never dies
New systems are in development.
- Avatar: Control state encapsulation/Plugging control states into entities
- Rosebud: UDP networking core. 70 percent complete, operational. Just missing a few minor features.
- Action Manager: …Too generic to possible describe in this many words.
- General library (raider.py).
- Raicast Vehicle Wrapper (So sue me!)
Planned systems that are still in concept for now:
- Unique Entity Update Protocol: Provides secure (extremely resilient against packet loss) network game synchronization. Built on top of Rosebud.
- GUI system required but not much concept or planning done: text input, droplists, tickboxes, click-based window reordering and dragging. That’s about it. Oh and radio tickboxes.
And that’s only the technical stuff!
The Strength (or ‘Boost’, ‘Power’, ‘Make-U-Go-Qwik’, whatever you prefer to call it) function and Stealth function now have more appropriate drawbacks and limitations. B-FAS bolo springs and linking behaviour is more comprehensive. Controls for swapping the Taser weapon between hands or stored on back is now more comprehensive (and still uses just the Tab key). The function of zooming has a bit of technical design behind it and is frankly more believable.
Heeeaps of other stuff. I’unno, this is just a progress report. It’s not meant to entice people. I’ll do that once I finish this piece of concept art…
Edit: And I sorta forgot to mention the FPS template is receiving an obscenely huge overhaul. The Interface dictionary is being moved into a proper Python class so that it fits in with the other systems being developed (as well as that it’s just a lot more compact and efficient :D). There are also some rather obscure alterations necessary for it to simulate swinging on the Bolo connection beam after grappling something.
Oh, and you can use bolo connections as ziplines with the Ar-fas.
And there are some new vehicles.