Hair For George Rig 1.0

Hi All,

I put together some hair for theGeorge Rig. I think it makes him look less “freaky”.

I am still not sure what the best way to attach it to the rig, however.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments


George_Hair.blend (215 KB)

I figured out that I could vertex parent the hair to the mesh. But this only works if you select 3 vertices during parenting. If you select only 1 there are some rotational failures.

Attachments


Nice hair. :slight_smile: It suits him.

Wow, very nice.
I am really happy that you have fun with him :slight_smile:

I did a couple of Lux renders with George sporting his new hair!

Attachments





Really great pictures!

Interesting, it seems to me that now he has something of Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) :eek:

great man , looks really nice.

Nice addition to the rig ,and impressive renders too.
JF

The renders in Lux take to much time? What´ps your hardware Atom…?

@andrepazleal: Renders do take more time in Lux, but I think they are worth it. Especially if your computer is sitting idle over night? Why not have it rendering? What really bogs down a Lux render is lots of lights/light groups and lots of reflective,refractive materials. Even glossy materials can bog down Lux.

With that in mind, all the materials in the scene are matte materials, except for the lens of the eyes, they are using the provided glass, eye lens preset that comes with Lux. Also there is only one light in the scene, the spotlight shining on George. The rest of the scene is lit by an angular map via the infinite environmental lighting system. This system works great for outdoor scenes. Lux gets bogged down when geometry gets in it’s way, like when the camera is inside a room and the light is coming through the window. So in this instance, the environmental light worked well.

I have a dual core Intel DUO running at 2.5ghz. I have 3Gb ram, so my system is certainly no super computer. What I did for the above attached images is set up the looking down scene first, then I popped to the side view and set up a camera there. I launched LuxRender and reduced the thread count from 2 to 1. Then I changed the camera to the side view and launched LuxRender again. I reduced that copy of LuxRender to a single thread process as well. So I had two copies of LuxRender running, each on a single thread, rendering two different camera angles from the same scene. I had two light groups, the world and the spotlight. I set the spotlight to use daylight frequency and finally settled on the green light color after the scene was rendered. That is the great thing about Lux, you can make decisions about lighting after the fact. I let those two process overnight and then tweaked the light groups in the morning. So they ran for about 7 hours and came in around 630 samples.