Hair/fur

I’ve started using Blender 2.57 recently and looking at the particles system for Hair, I can’t seem find the controls for whree the hairs will come out. So as stands, hair is litteraly growing off of other hair particles instead of off the faces. Is there anything to show how to work with the hair features in this new version?

I know you can make vertex groups in object data and in particles you can load the group in vertex group / density and it will grow from these groups. If that helps. Jahka has some vids for new features I found them on graphical. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FLJik6-Lw this is the only one I can find now.
I do not know why I wrote this I must have been asleep . i remember reading this and not knowing the answer. Its like I answered a different question. Sorry

I am new to forums completly but not so much blender… im using 2.5 as well… i am not having your problume but i am having a problume with a human fiqure that will be rigged… i have the hair on his head but the hair travels into the mesh… how do i stop this… i am using blender 2.57 stable… the newest release…

This is a problem that has been around for a while and the developers have said that it works as designed.

I have taken this to mean that they are aware of the problem but are not currently addressing it.

If you search through the forums, you will find other posts discussing this and links to the bug reports and etc.

Basically, Particle Hair will not collide with anything.

I know you can make vertex groups in object data and in particles you can load the group in vertex group / density and it will grow from these groups.

You can also control where the hair grows with weightpainting.