Hair Particle problem

I’m trying to copy a hair particle system from one character to another, and then edit it further.

I appended the hairy character to my hairless character, deleted the hairy char, then added a particle system to my hairless character and selected the newly appended particle system. All good so far, hairs appear fine on the character.

But when I go to particle mode to do some hair grooming, I am told ‘Point cache must be baked in memory to enable editing!’

For the life of me I can’t figure out what to do. I can’t find any cache panel for the particles that I can bake or clear.

EDIT:

OK I’ve found my ‘mistake’. I had disabled Physics for the particle system, thinking I wasn’t using them anyway. Apparently they need to be enabled to allow editing.

Hope this helps some other lost soul out there :wink:

Perhaps the error message should read ‘Physics must be enabled to enable editing’.

Wait how did you do this exactly? I have a friend that said this very thing couldn’t be done in blender and Id like to show him as possible solution. Dammit I jsut noticed the date of this, oh well if you see this Id still like to know anyway.

Hi Thordwilk, well yes it has been a while, and I can’t even remember the project I was on, let alone the solution. I can’t promise, but I’ll try to look at this and see if I can figure it out.