HairMesher (Generate mesh from hair with UVs,C++)

Guys I am still working on the english documentation/manual for this addon. Now that work and domestic activites have slowed down I can get back to it. I will make it in html and pdf format.

4 Likes

I know this addon is old but I am still using it. is anyone else using it ? Or should I just abandon the tutorial that I was writing?

@SHABA1
nah, keep it up
we’re time agnostic & “Nothing ever really dies.”
:slight_smile:

I will make it work on blender2.81 very soon(and add one feature that can align all hair mesh face’s normal). though I am very busy with other stuff

2 Likes

Do not hurry on my account. I will not be able to fully use 2.81 until I get a more modern machine.

This is the best Blendernews of 2020 so far! :heart: :heart: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I was missing the ability to use this addon in Blender 2.8x so bad!

Ok I will get back to work on the tutorial. Keep in mind that the screenshots will be for Blender 2.79. 2.8 does not work well l my graphics chip.

hi all
@PixelPete @SHABA1 @burnin @rombout @Vralsza @Justb @masterxeon1001 @COUNTFTS @Blenderer @Elcono
update----20200112----for blender2.81
add the feature of the strand mesh’s normal direction align to the skin surface.

4 Likes

Looks nice, can we test it or are you still working on it?

yes you can test it:

long particle hair example.blend (3.8 MB)
2 Likes

Wait, it’s working with 2.8?

HAAAAALLELUJAH!!! (Instantly bought it on gumroad.) :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :tada: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

big update to version 1.01
update----20200314----
add curve surface interpolation algorithm.(unlimited segment)
now the column of strand can be seted to more than 2 column.(weight map can define the number of column)
add more hair materials.(with realtime UV generate)

HairMesher4_
HairMesher 3

weight map to define the segment and column:

HairMesher 生成

6 Likes

imjs VERY impressive. Are you adding these features to the 2.79 version. I suppose that you are not but I thought I would ask anyway.

it’s hard to support 2.79 again since all my C++ libraries have been changed to 2.80.

This addon isn’t on sellfy (where I bought it) anymore, so where can I download the update version?

it seems something wrong with my acount on selfy.I can’t login my account either.

I decide to put the new version here.for whom have bought it in selfy.
IMDJS_HairMesher(blender2.83).zip (4.5 MB)

2 Likes

我在gumroad不小心付款了…
2.83也有问题,可以加个qq讨论吗:932027404

@huiyao the previous version only valid on blender 2.82 ,but I have just updated the new version for blender 2.83.

@imdjs Hi I just tried this out but it gave me an error message, which makes no sense to me at all. Here is the log from the system console:

Δmath查正 找不到= 1.000000
time4---->: 12.477
LAST1== 0.4
time3---->: 12.485
time4.2---->: 12.485
== True
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Eary\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\IMDJS_HairMesher\HairMesher.py", line 129, in invoke
    return self.execute(context);
  File "C:\Users\Eary\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\IMDJS_HairMesher\HairMesher.py", line 335, in execute
    byref(G.ci瀹為檯鐐规暟G_),byref(G.ci瀹為檯杈规暟G_),byref(G.ci瀹為檯鐜暟G_),byref(G.ci瀹為檯闈㈡暟G_),
OSError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000186930887F0

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Eary\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\IMDJS_HairMesher\HairMesher.py", line 129, in invoke
    return self.execute(context);
  File "C:\Users\Eary\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\IMDJS_HairMesher\HairMesher.py", line 335, in execute
    byref(G.ci瀹為檯鐐规暟G_),byref(G.ci瀹為檯杈规暟G_),byref(G.ci瀹為檯鐜暟G_),byref(G.ci瀹為檯闈㈡暟G_),
OSError: exception: access violation reading 0x00000186930887F0

TypeError: EnumProperty(...): expected a tuple containing (identifier, name, description) and optionally an icon name and unique number
File "C:\Users\Eary\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\IMDJS_HairMesher\__init__.py", line 56, in L螖杞藉叆灏嗚瀵煎叆鏉$洰hair
TypeError: EnumProperty(...): expected a tuple containing (identifier, name, description) and optionally an icon name and unique number
File "C:\Users\Eary\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\IMDJS_HairMesher\__init__.py", line 56, in L螖杞藉叆灏嗚瀵煎叆鏉$洰hair