This is ongoing WIP. Experiments with procedural hair creation in Geometry Nodes’ new Fields system.
In this thread I am going to post some of the results of these experiments.
Automatic clump generation is one of the main goals of this project.
For now Clump Modifier supports:
- Automatic clumping region generation.
- Ability to chain multiple Clump Modifiers. (still WIP)
- Combining “User-Made” curves with generated once.
- Offset hairs which intersect with the emitter object by its normal.
(Main and secondary clumping region visualization)
Combining guiding curves and secondary clumps:
Clumps can be now fully controlled with guiding curves:
- Rotation along guiding curves’ tangents.
- Clump profile can be changed globally.
- Profile can be adjusted with spline radius individually per guiding spline.
- Tilting individual guiding spline for twisting effects.