Halo 2

There has been a half-life and Doom 3 thread so it is only fair to make a Halo 2 thread. Who is getting halo 2 what are you opinions about it if you have played it. Last but not least if you have xbox live what is your account name mine is Bog Mummy.

I dont think I will be able to get it until wendsday or the weekend.

so what are you thoughts?

Shard

If Halo 2 will ever come out for the PC platform, then, I’ll sertanly grab a copy. I prefer PC over Console technology.

Well… Halo (1) have this load feature between levels that I like and it only allows me to carry two weapons at a time which is also good. Gfx is nice, levels are a bit look alike for my taste and yet, I play it over and over :smiley:

I have no idea what new stuff is in Halo 2, but I would like it if there was a feature to comand friendly “units” in Halo 2.

Im going to the store a half hour before it opens just to make sure i can get a copy :stuck_out_tongue:

I plan on picking up a copy during lunch tomorrow. I would like to get the LE version, but it may be sold out. Either way, I know I will enjoy it. I thought the last one was very good. I didn’t mind the back tracking that many have complained about. I thought it worked well with the story and brought you “full circle” at the end. I am looking forward to serving with Sgt. Johnson again! :stuck_out_tongue:

I do not have a live account.

i’m getting it tonight. i can’t wait.
i don’t have Live but i’m planning on getting it.

how much does it cost a month?

I think it is $49.95 USD for a yearly subscription.

Why couldn’t Microsoft Game Studios make it for PC as well as Xbox. I would buy it if they had an edition for the computer. Microsoft has always been known for their money making scemes, so you would think they would make it on a PC platform as well. :<

Quite the contrary. By making it an XBox exclusive, they probably think they can sell more consoles which, although they don’t turn a lot of profit per unit, turn a lot of profit per game so they’d be winning in the long term over just releasing a PC version straight away.

Martin

i just got halo 2 and i love it. the mp levels are so huge. it’s awesome.
this time around the needlers don’t suck :smiley:

for $50 a year i think i’ll give live a shot.

grr. want to play it now!! :<
the first thing i’m going to do when i get my very first paycheck (w00t) is buy an xbox and halo 2 :smiley:

speaking of needlers, PLEASE please tell me it still has that awesome feature where if u nail the enemy with about 10 needles at once, they will explode like a grenade inside the person. this is great fun on multiplayer, also comes in handy to get rid of elites in one shot :stuck_out_tongue:
i know they were gonna improve the needler, i just hope they still have this feature on it.

THat and you can daul wield em(Twice the fun :smiley: )

Me personally i love the cov energy beam rifles(not the pulse rifle) they kill faster than human sniper rifle and hella ammo!

Also tanks are way too over powered in MP, You Cant snipe ppl out of em anymore, practicly the only way to get ppl is to board em and kick em out( but that is very fun to do :stuck_out_tongue: )

THe games looks quite nice. I tried Halo on pc and was fun but it sucked too. When I played online you character stops on a ping above 100. Then you can’t walk and have to see how another people kill you while you’re frozen. (in unreal you can even walk with ping of 500)

The 2th, Halo2 looks a lot better but still gives me a too plastic feeling. Evything is shining and looks like plastic. The movement, shooting and the total game speed sfeer is slow. I had hoped you could set somewhere a setting for game speed like in unreal and some another games. It just doesn’t hurry or look like real action. (run, hide, speed) But the fun factor is great :smiley: I like to play it once, but for buying it, neh.

My personal oppinion. :slight_smile:

Quite the contrary. By making it an XBox exclusive, they probably think they can sell more consoles which, although they don’t turn a lot of profit per unit, turn a lot of profit per game so they’d be winning in the long term over just releasing a PC version straight away.

Martin[/quote]

That is true. My friend had PS2 but sold it and got an Xbox just becasue of Halo 2. :o

I might get it tonight if not this weekend. I would love to play on live with you guys so get it. I want to have a face off with you blenergetic :x . Of course a friendly one. If I dont get the game today how big exactly are the multi maps and does the singler player still have that sense of battle when your playing.

I look forword to playing with you guys

Shard

But the buMP m/-\Ppi|\g!!1!1!

I agree, the Halo series graphically is all about hi-res, but artistically lacking, textures, shiny objects (and now bump mapped) and unimaginative alien design. All with shaders designed to show off the hardware.

I actually find the whole look of it so repellant how good it may or may not be to play becomes irrelevant to my enjoyment of it. ie I just can’t.

Martin[/quote]

That is true. My friend had PS2 but sold it and got an Xbox just becasue of Halo 2. :o[/quote]
I’m geting an Xbox after having a PS2 but for a diferent game (fable)

Damn it! I now Hate Bungie!

I just finished the single player campaign with my friend on heroic and it just leaves you hanging and ends!!! without any conclusions, i wont give anything away so i dont spoil anything but now im just MAD :< :< :<

How long was the single player and was it hard on heroic or is heroic like normal in the old halo?

Shard

its 15 missions, and herioc(which we beat it on) was pretty hard, legendary seems almost impossible, especially in coop cause if one dies you both have to restart

I got it on Wednesday night…
It’s ok, not too different from the 1st one. I was REALLY REALLY hoping for some AI bots (as in Perfect Dark) so me and my friends could supplement match and have tons of people to play (again, as in Perfect Dark). I was really dissapointed that they left those out.
The graphics are much better. They have some nice lighting effects. Most of you guys who say you “don’t like the look” are just trying to look hardcore. STFU and find something else to bitch about. Better yet, if you don’t like graphics improvements like bump mapping then you can have fun playing Space Invaders. Bye.