Halo (Updated)

Anyone familliar with the XBox game Halo will know what I’ve tried to create here…

I’m not too happy with the planet, but considering that this was just a little fun two-hour proect, I’m not sure if I’m going to finish it up completely.

C&C very welcome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/endsdawn/halo.jpg

I dont play halo. Enlighten me

Honestly, I see no resemblance to Halo in this picture. I see a piece of metal, a planet and a bar with an earth texture on it.

This is what i think you need to address:

1. The stars should not be so visible around the edge of the planet as thay would be phased out by the planet’s ‘glow’.
  2. The metal ‘thing’ has no defined shape, and therefore I can’t tell what it’s supposed to be.
  3. The texture on the planet is stretched.
  4. And I’ll let you figure out what’s wrong with the band on the right-hand side.

Sorry for being harsh, but you wanted crits. I didn’t offer suggestions on how to correct the mentioned problems, because it’s your responsibility to figure that out yourself.

In the end, I think this has potential and you should continue working on it.

Suggestions:

Add an atmosphere to the planet, it needs it.

add some spectaculat highlights on Halo, specifically the metal part that is visible from this side. maybe a little highlight on the other side.

otherwise, Nice!

blendfreak:

You are the last of your kind. Bred for combat, built for war, you are the master of any weapon, pilot of any vehicle… and fear no enemy.

Bent on Humankind’s extermination, a powerful fellowship of alien races known as the Covenant is wiping out Earth’s fledgling interstellar empire. You and the other surviving defenders of a devasted colony-world make a desperate attempt to lure the alien fleet away from Earth. Shot doen and marooned on the ancient ring-world Halo, you begin a guerilla-war against the Convenant. Fight for Humanity agianst an alien onslaught as you race to uncover the mysteries of Halo.

Huge weapon variety: Vanquish your enemies with a vast array of Human or Covenant weaponry ranging from the stealthy (semi-automatic pistols, alien plasma swords) to the fierce (rocket launchers and flame throwers).

Vehicle & foot-based action: Tackle missions anyway you choose–be it storming an enemy base or taking the wheel or gunnery position of a variety of powerful vehicles. Vehicles range from stolen Covenant flyers & hovercraft to Human buggies, tanks and more.

Indoor & outdoor combat: Fight seamlessly in Halo’s ultra-realistic indoor and outdoor environments as you hunt the Covenant in dozens of single player missions and multiplayer battles.

Intense multiplayer shoot-outs: Form a team, choose a role, and fight cooperatively with your friends, battle it out Deathmatch style via intense split screen combat or fight co-op with a friend through the single player missions.

Incredible mission variety: Fight the Covenant in dozens of missions as you uncover the dark secrets of Halo. Among your many objectives - attack enemy outposts, raid underground labs for advanced technology, rescue fallen comrades, steal alien vehicles and weaponry and snipe enemy forces.

Reality-bending special effects: Halo features the most advanced graphic system on the most advanced gaming platform in the world. Gunfire rips off the screen, explosions light up a living room, and environments blur the line between your couch and fantasy.

Rich sci-fi experience: Halo transports gamers into a science fiction universe fresh out of a Hollywood movie. With a detailed twisting story-line, complex characters and cunning enemies Halo will fulfill every sci-fi enthusiasts dream.

www.bungie.net has all the info in the world.

i dont care much about halo anymore…im too busy drooling over the halo 2 screenshots.

hey im suprised someone did this in blender :slight_smile: nice job on the textures of the ring. might be missing a little specularity but thats ok for a 2 hour project :wink:
maybe make a little animation like at the start screen :wink: this is my favorite game :smiley:

just woundering,

your haol model, is it actually a halo? or two straight models?

not that much curve on the far side of the halo,

then again, i am terrible at models, so i shouldn’t really say much

lol

halo is a great game

J.Goss

hmm, i see the borg cube.

Alright, here’s an update based on a few of the comments I’ve got here.

Here are the changes:
The metal texture on the ring world has been redone,
The planet has been rotated so the U.S. is visable,
The planet has an atmosphere now.
There is dimming of the stars around the planet,
There is a bit more light, making a few things easier to see.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/endsdawn/halo_2.jpg

what’s that black ‘disk’(not halo, on the edge of the planet) around the planet?

You do reliase that earth wasn’t anywhere near Halo right? Was their even a planet by Halo? I thought it was just the ring…But i’m tired and can’t think correctly right now so w/e I’ll load Halo up when I get back from work.

There was a planet but it was a gas giant.

I never played halo so I don’t get it very good. I like the image though the clouds on the earth could look a little softer.

The black ring around the planet is my attempt at dimming down the stars around the planet.

Also, yes, I realize the ring world wasn’t anywhere near Earth, just thought I would stick it there for the heck of it.

sorry to be so rude, bt you said that all Halo players would know what it was.

All Halo players should know what it is.
And if you dont then you havent played the first level in the game because it shows it in space then you crash on it and never see it again till you beat the game.

If you havent played it on legendary you should. Its a very very funny ending. Not worth the hell to beat the game but funny non the less.

I think you should make space more black than burgendy. Because you can see the black ring around the planet more than you would with the black space.

The red tint to the space was actually a complete accident and I thank you people seriously for drawing my attention to it… I meant to set the space as black, but accidentially left the red slider up like, 5 points and since my monitor on this computer is six years old and has almost gone greyscale, I didn’t notice.

You could have showed me that image for 1 second and I could have told you what it was. Anyway, here is my quick rendition of the Halo. It’s actually kind of an interesting object to model.
http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~mhoecker/Images/halo01.jpg

I like your version, especially the texture on the metallic parts of the halo, even though it doesn’t quite look like metal to me…

I love the planet and my only real gripe with the pic is you can’t really see the world part of the halo very well.