Handgun tutorial

this is a tutorial on how to make a gun.
http://www.savefile.com/files/1437747
http://files.filefront.com/handgun+tutorialpdf/;11620771;/fileinfo.html
anyways, enjoy:yes:

anyone? plz?

At a first glance it seems a nice tutorial!
Just one thing: is not about how to make a tutorial, but how to model a gun.

Anyhow, thanks for this tut.

i´m not sure if i know what you mean

Very nice Blendy. Fantastic Tutorial. I might suggest you putting something on the Handle to Barrel Proportion of the gun. You don’t want a gun with a stubby handle, it might backfire outta your hand. lol

yeah! now i can make guns…BLENDY STYLE!

Um some parts were a little wrong and were a tad bit hard to understand but still i love the tut alot. Thanks man.

i´m sorry if it´s hard to understand, plz let me know where, and i´ll se what i can do.
pleasy feel free to show me your results

That is a very nice tutorial! Thank you for sharing.

you´re very welcome:yes:

At last, thank you very much blenderizer.its very easy tutorial and very nice way to make guns.

i´m glad you guys liked it, does anyone wish to show their results?

Here is the result i made in my first try .but its in “XSI” XD,and rendered in MentalRay.
A lowpoly pistol.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s260/hilium/HandballersC.jpg
Edit: this is Just a WIP.i will make it more REALISTIC , and thanks to blenderizer.
Can you write any tutorial about Uv texturing and material ?? .cuz i tried to uv map it and it was so hard

this i pretty darn awsome, lovely design.

Thank you for the tutorial Blenderizer.
It was a bit confusing for me because I have been away from blender for a while.
There were a couple directions I did not fully understand.

1. making the ridges on the slide of the gun, you say to extrude and scale to zero. So i pressed ‘e’ then pressed ‘s’ and hit 0. I kept playing around with this and never really figured it out. Eventually i got around it and then realized down the middle of my model was a bunch of faces. I think i got those because i was using the mirror modifier wrong.

So i restarted the whole model and did it without the mirror modifier. and individually deleted and remade faces to get the grooves in the gun.

1. The slot were bullets eject from. I tried extruding and scaling inwards to make the ridge that shows the ejection port. I ended up extruding certain edges accurately on the x or y axis and then connecting other less accurate extrusions to them to get an even nitch all around the ejection port. (I think I’m doing something wrong when i use the extrude and scale tool together. any idea what I’m doing wrong?)

2. When making the hand grips we are told to make a cut with the cut tool etc etc. I am not very good with the cut tool, i try to make the cut and it never turns out the way you show in the picture. So i ended up duplicating the side of my pistol twice. making two loop cuts on the hand of the pistol, deleting faces in between those loop cuts. I then resized the duplicates down to make them into grips. Then I put the duplicates on either side of the mesh and connected the meshes by making faces between the pistol handle and hand grip. Scaled them a little closer to the gun and I got a decent looking set of hand grips. I might even try making a screw head to put on the grips for more detail.

All in all it was a great tutorial showing a good strategy to modeling a handgun.

Here is what i got for my finished product.
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9225/gunii9.th.jpg

Please give me any pointers on the model. Also would you have any idea how to color these models. I see GE-Force was able to put color on his model. I know of materials but i have no knowledge of them. I guess i would like a tutorial on materials and UV texturing too :slight_smile:
![file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Dean/Desktop/Blender%20Work/Gun.jpg](file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Dean/Desktop/Blender%20Work/Gun.jpg)

Thank you for the tutorial Blenderizer.
It was a bit confusing for me because I have been away from blender for a while.
There were a couple directions I did not fully understand.

1. making the ridges on the slide of the gun, you say to extrude and scale to zero. So i pressed ‘e’ then pressed ‘s’ and hit 0. I kept playing around with this and never really figured it out. Eventually i got around it and then realized down the middle of my model was a bunch of faces. I think i got those because i was using the mirror modifier wrong.

So i restarted the whole model and did it without the mirror modifier. and individually deleted and remade faces to get the grooves in the gun.

1. The slot were bullets eject from. I tried extruding and scaling inwards to make the ridge that shows the ejection port. I ended up extruding certain edges accurately on the x or y axis and then connecting other less accurate extrusions to them to get an even nitch all around the ejection port. (I think I’m doing something wrong when i use the extrude and scale tool together. any idea what I’m doing wrong?)

2. When making the hand grips we are told to make a cut with the cut tool etc etc. I am not very good with the cut tool, i try to make the cut and it never turns out the way you show in the picture. So i ended up duplicating the side of my pistol twice. making two loop cuts on the hand of the pistol, deleting faces in between those loop cuts. I then resized the duplicates down to make them into grips. Then I put the duplicates on either side of the mesh and connected the meshes by making faces between the pistol handle and hand grip. Scaled them a little closer to the gun and I got a decent looking set of hand grips. I might even try making a screw head to put on the grips for more detail.

All in all it was a great tutorial showing a good strategy to modeling a handgun.

Here is what i got for my finished product.
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9225/gunii9.th.jpg

Please give me any pointers on the model. Also would you have any idea how to color these models. I see GE-Force was able to put color on his model. I know of materials but i have no knowledge of them. I guess i would like a tutorial on materials and UV texturing too :slight_smile:

Thank you for the tutorial Blenderizer. It was a good tutorial. How do i post my finished project like GE did? I did not add any color to the model, Able to post a tutorial on that?:smiley:

I have my render saved as a .jpg but if i try to link a URL to imageshack then my post does not post…

@Ishniek: New members cannot post URLS. However, you can attach Jpeg, PNG, and Blend files to your posts. To add an image to your post above mine: Edit your post, click the Go advanced button at the bottom, scroll down and click the Manage attachments button. Now, upload your image as an attachment.

I click on the link and all i get is paypal asking me to log on :S

can someone post an alternative link?

Can you please upload it on a place such as uploader.polorix.net so the link doesn’t break?
Or many places, such as filefront, mediafire… polorix can go down some day.
Edit: The link isn’t yet broken, so I’ll upload it on polorix.
http://uploader.polorix.net//files/1586/handgun_tutorial.pdf