Happiness or pleasure?

Which is more important to you?
Which do you spend more of your time seeking?
What are your opinions on the pursuit of them?
I see people all around me who seek one or the other and was wondering what kind of statistics would come up here.
Might write an essay on this for my English coursework depending on how much feedback I get.

My opinion is that if someone look only for one of them, is because it feels that already as the other. So, IMO, everybody look for both in some moment of his life.

Well, look at a classic example, something I’ve seen a lot of in my life, ie; drug addicts. They live for the pleasure they get from whatever drug they use, yet every single drug addict i know is generally unhappy. Usually, when they stop using drugs, they are stuck with a pretty empty life, which provides no happiness at all.
Of course, this is just one example, but my point is that short term pleasure only provides a bit of pleasure. To have a happy life however, you need to create a pleasant environment for yourself to live in.

Of course, this is just one example, but my point is that short term pleasure only provides a bit of pleasure. To have a happy life however, you need to create a pleasant environment for yourself to live in.

Absolutely right,but for me sometime I can feel them together.

For sure. I was refering to people that are addicted to drugs. Not someone that takes an occasional ‘a’ when they go out, or smoke the odd bit of weed.

Pleasure to me is a more intense form of happiness, you just can’t experience it as often or as constant. Happiness is a more smooth flowing and constant thing-

I imagine Happiness is the base that everyone should build upon- then you seek pleasure after you are happy :3

Thanks for all the input!
Keep it coming

Nice question !..
Personally, I understand ‘pleasure’ as a punctual satisfaction due to some particular perception(s), and ‘happiness’ as a global state where the sum of pleasures takes precedence (or a large part)… This could explain, in some way, that everybody search pleasures with the main wish/will of achieving his own happiness (or/and sometimes also of surroundings).