Happy 2019! What are your Blender resolutions? 🥂

I’d like to wish everyone a super happy, productive and Blenderful 2019! My year started off a bit hectic with the migration of the Blender Artists forum, but now that things are running smoothly I’ll have time to focus on Blender itself a bit more and to finally dive into Blender 2.8. What are your Blender resolutions for this year?

5 Likes

A prosperous and productive New Year back to you, @bartv, and to all the Blender Artists moderators! Blender Artists has really improved since the big move.

Also a very happy New Year to all Blender developers and fellow Blenderheads!

I’m planning to continue exploring Blender 2.8, and I’m looking forward to welcoming the Radeon ProRender update for Blender 2.8, as Cycles OpenCL support has been ceased in Blender macOS. But I’m also quite intrigued by Eevee’s speed and quality.

Here are my top feature wishes for Blender in 2019.

1 Like

Finishing modelling the current project.

Porting a rig with several associated characters from C4d to Blender and animate them in Blender.
Also creating a vehicle rig for the same project. Vehicle and Characters are finished already.

Rendering at least one project with Renderman, Appleseed and one with Octane when the free version is released.

A Robot, one huge Spaceship, a futuristic City scenario and one stylized or realistic nature environment is planned so far.

1 Like

I plan to start with 1920x1080 but move more towards 3840x2160 by the end of the year.

5 Likes

I´ll try to learn coding Blender with the help of the Tutorials of bliblubli.

1 Like

I dunno… I was thinking about maybe writing another book. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do more work. Watch less Youtube.

1 Like

Came here to write this :wink:

1 Like

Hopefully finish a few of my many projects. :laughing: I’ve got short film in the works, a comic, something that may or may not be a short film or comic, I still want to make a game one day… I’ve a few sketches and random ideas that could be turned into something eventually… I’ll likely have more ideas later in the year… Than I might have to reevaluate which projects are most important…

Yeah, but hopefully I’ll have enough courage to step forward and finish my projects and get them done this year, It’s better to get things done than spend countless hours perfecting. :slightly_smiling_face:

Until now I had very small projects in Blender. Like experiment after experiment, trying nearly every addon, and feature after feature. It does not stop. The good site of it, that you will get a big vocabulary but the downside is that it can be counter-productive.

My resolution is to approach working with Blender a bit differently: First have an idea in mind (rather than trying out addons and features). Then working out that idea I had in mind.

On the other side, I am afraid I got addicted to addons and features. Afraid that I will miss something big?. I think I am stuck in it. Probably I am not the only one.

For comparison: I made quite some music with friends in the past and have seen loads of musicians. There was one musician that made me think; he had barely techniques but his work was very consistent and (therefore?) musical.

2 Likes

Bring Rhino surfacing capabilities into Blender, and improve interop between the two (mostly Rhino -> Blender).

Try to become a more active Blender dev again.

5 Likes

I just got this. (After 2 days)

1 Like

I would love to finally create a good looking VFX Reel. I also want to start posting on these forums more. It would motivate me a lot I think.

Not quite Blender, but last year I decided to learn UE4 and can now make some decently functional game mechanics, and this year I decided to learn C++.

Make something decent in it to check into UE4 to play around in, make a small tech demo of my own for a hobby mainly, I want to be able to model things from Weapons to Vehicles and Buildings by end of the year hopefully.

Crucial haha

I am very new to Blender so my new years resolution is to just finish projects. See them through and learn as much as possible.

All the best for 2019 every one!

1 Like

Glad to read this Nat :slight_smile:

My resolution this year is to make more animations. And find time to use Blender :frowning:

My Blender resolutions are 1920X1080. And I’m happy with that. :slight_smile:

1 Like