Hard Ops Thread

Ah, great, thanks!

1 Like

Thank you very much, that was the problem.

1 Like

(2.8) HOps 00986_MercuryX_34 out now.
Nothing major. Merry Xmas Operatives.

Everyscroll >> shift to summon in expanded

3 Likes

Hi Masterxeon1001, Merry Christmas to you too and to all the great people working on HOps and BoxCutter, and thank you very much for all the magic you have added to these tools over this year!

Hard Ops
984.1 was the release of January

984.1 - 1/18/2020
(985) Neodymium - 14 updates
Neodymium X - 24 updates
(986) Mercury - 11 updates
MercuryX - 34 updates

986.34 is the current release

Boxcutter
715 was the release in January

715 - 18 updates
71V - 8 updates
716 - 16 updates
717 - 12 updates

717.12 is the current release.

3 Likes

Hard Ops 987 Francium is released.

8 Likes

REVERSING MOUSE DIRECTION IN BEVEL

I find the “move to the left to INCREASE bevel value” absolutely counter-intuitive. (wth?)

Is there a way to reverse this?

you might want “right”

blender_0LjnvvM84j.png

3 Likes

That’s some amazing flexibility. THANKS.

Hey @masterxeon1001, man you guys are phenomenal, I really believe in your work and the team and all that you guys do to make our lives easier. In that spirit I have a question and it might have already been asked I am not sure. I love playing with Curves, and I noticed in Q toggle when playing with the curves that there are missing elements that could make our lives alot easier. For instance Extrude is not there? Which is something I would have thought, you guys would have included by now. In anycase there is a slew of other features that I am not seeing in Q menu that I would have thought would have been placed there by now

depth and extrude

Would like to know if I am missing something???

Ok, I may be missing something blindingly obvious here. I’m building a collection of, well, collections and I’d ideally like any cutters pertaining to the object in that collection grouped inside the collection itself, rather than in the “cutters” collection. Whilst I can use “evict” to move cutters out of this collection, I can’t seem to find the inverse option, to bring them into this collection. Unify will drag all rendereable items, which is no good as each collection is a specific item. I seem to think i’ve seen this functionality shown somewher, but cannot figure out if it was me mis-remembering something.

i think cause its in the right click. Its a ponder on those that are so readily but someday…

1 Like

not that i know of.

(2.8) HOps 00987_Francium_1 out now. Happy friday.

https://twitter.com/mxeon1001/status/1347723859202613254?s=20

6 Likes

A release log for 987 has been prepared.

2 Likes

Is it possible to make Smart Apply not to apply Subdivision modifier, @masterxeon1001 senpai?
When I work on highpolies i usually need him to stay.

we’ll have to see what the future holds. At this time the answer is no. It was designed to apply all mods up to a point.

Alternatively Csharp / part of sharpen can filter and apply only booleans since it was made for that. Smart apply was to be apply with hardly any configuration.

Everscroll >> modifier scroll - is capable of applying whatever modifier you need and even ranges of modifiers which can get you the desired result.

1 Like

Hey Guys have a feature request for the future if it makes sense. At the moment, I like making all these lit scenes I use variations of lamps and point lights. Anyways, I absolutely love the flexibility of the Q hotkey, I love how it adapts to different contexts. I was wondering is it a viable consideration to create a Q key reacting with a different series of light related options when lights are selected? I would imagine potentially having settings integrated that would alow us to manipulate not only the size but the strength of the lamp selected, possible even the hue? To be honest I am kind of tired of going here,
It never felt simple, and would force me off the viewport to toggle. I hated that everytime to make the changes to lights. I love the basic add lights feature, you guys have, but I was thinking kind of what you did for curves, you would have when selecting any kind of light. It would make it way more enjoyable to play and edit lights on the fly.

Love your work guys.
Best

PS. Is there anyway to allow Array to function with more than just meshes? Curves, lights?

I use ctrl + ~ . The menu would be tricky for certain parameters. Pies would go further. It remains an internal debate. An adventure unto pies might come up in the future allowing for more options.

those cant get modifers at this time. We’d be arraying via duplication haha and calling it array. Curves maybe. They seem to get more and more support so thats not off the table.

a color system should be coming at some point for certain controls so im sure it will make its way to light and wherever else it can be used. Also blank light has a tab to live mode where you can adjust the lights even more in depth.

Q menu for lights could use a nudge forward tho. Ill be ponderin it.

2 Likes

Hi,

Hopefully MX1001 can indicate , or anyone if you know, how to perform the allign action as shown in the vid on the handheld.

What I cannot wrap my mind around is how to get the bevel point (or actually the vertex that binds together the bevel) alligned in a way that makes it accurately line up to the rectangular shape it started with (at the bottom of the handle)

been trying several things but I cannot get it right due to the angle of the handle… I have been trying with snap options together with st3 mesh tools from the Q menu…but to no avail.

Thanks in advance, anyone who knows!