Hard Ops Thread

ok I see thanks

Bought the HardOps Boxcutter bundle today from Blendermarket. Also Bought Cablerator (not yours, I know). I have been having weird problems with both regqarding keymaps, and functionality of certain hotkey combinations. When I went into Boxcutter preferences to look at the keymap, I got the enclosed error message. I am running Blender 2.92 on Win7 Pro/Ultimate x64. Thanks in advance!

thanks for the report! (f) should take care of it.
latest zip should be under orders.

UPDATE: Apparently turning it off and back on again worked. /s

I’m not sure what happened, but I tried a third time and it worked. It even fixed the problem with Cablerator’s missing keymap…It’s one of tho-o-o-ose days… :unamused: :confounded: :weary:

Anway, seriously, thank you so very much! :smile:

Recieved the following error when reinstalling HOPS, even after doing a manual removal of the previous HOPS folder:

Modules Installed (HOps) from ‘C:\Users\Mistress Venhallyn\Desktop\(2.8) HOps 00987_Francium_6b.zip’ into ‘C:\Users\Mistress Venhallyn\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.92\2.92\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 382, in enable
mod.register()
File “C:\Users\Mistress Venhallyn\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\HOps_init_.py”, line 560, in register
register_all()
File “C:\Users\Mistress Venhallyn\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\HOps\registration.py”, line 18, in register_all
register_properties()
File “C:\Users\Mistress Venhallyn\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\HOps\registration.py”, line 62, in register_properties
bpy.types.WindowManager.m_check = bpy.props.PointerProperty(type=HopsMeshCheckCollectionGroup)
ValueError: bpy_struct “WindowManager” registration error: m_check could not register

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.92\2.92\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 382, in enable
mod.register()
File “C:\Users\Mistress Venhallyn\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.92\scripts\addons\HOps_init_.py”, line 558, in register
register_class(cls)
ValueError: register_class(…): already registered as a subclass ‘HOPS_MT_RenderSetSubmenuLQ’

https://hardops-manual.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation/

Hai! turning it off and back on again…

Thanks so much. Very enjoyable tools to work with, and so much to learn!

Hi, have two requests.
1 - dots in hops we cant move some dots in ortho view. If works with a ref and try to match with it sometimes u need to rotate the view to moving dots.
hops
2- more friendly with pen workflow. I do not know what others think, but for me, if there was an option between this type of input and the menu on the top as a bevel helper (but not disabled when the camera is rotated/ moved) for each modifier, something like in maya, it would be super. or maybe other pen users have a better solution.
hops_pen

thanks for the request. There is always more work to be done.

We’ll see what the future holds.

3 Likes

Hey! Currently boxcutter grid is crashing blender every time i go to use it. on latest 2.93

might need to try with factory defaults to make sure its not pref / update related.
In the meantime one might have to fallback to a previous version of 293 or even 292 if it persists.
When these things happen with blender as the result of an update it sometimes requires we step back and let their changes complete.
We’ll check into it.

I did try that always do when i get a bug

we’ll see what can be done and issue a fix when found. It’s being checked into.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is any help but you can see it crashes on grid this is a crash report let me know if you want anything else from me :slight_smile:

also yes this was done on a completely clean blender.

Ok it seems to happen 100% of the time when you are using grid and you ctrl + scroll wheel hope that helps.

I’m on 2.93 and ctrl+scroll grid works perfect.

What operating system are you on i tried my laptop and 2 computers all crashing with completely clean boots

2.93 isn’t released, you probably both have different binaries from different days. Play with fire, you’re gonna get burned.

Honestly for the most part i have always used alpha daily builds and never actually had issues with blender it self just when they do some API stuff but i just role back and all the cool geometry node stuff is in 2.93 :wink:

Sure, that’s fine but without discussing specific build hashes, you’re not going to get anywhere comparing your crashes to someone else’s lack thereof.

I posted a debug crash report file up in the pastebin link has the hash in it :slight_smile: