Hard Ops Thread

is it because I made a sphere from a box with the subdivision modifier and then the cast modifier?

Can you answer the above question please ?

which type of sphere is recommended for applying Box cutter/Hardops commands?

Man, just spend some time with basics of 3d modeling tutorials. Mx1001 and other artists posts a lot of stuff on youtube which will help you to dive into modeling very fast. Your questions are so basic as should i press e or i, should i use 10 segments or 12, should i use subtract defore attract and so on…at now your model kinda messy without any understanding what a real operations performed under addons stuff. I recomend you disable addons and work for some time in clear vanilla blender to understand why you need addons. Overal your model looks interesting and if you add understanding of basic 3d principles it will turns into cool stuff. GL

5 Likes

Nope, I do that a lot, as does Masterxeon1001, who is the driving force behind HOps/BC. You should watch his channel and see how he uses the addons and also pay attention to the upgrade videos as they are packed with information.

Don’t miss the HOPSCutter channel either:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOnW7WNRIc8kSGwwf9JDakw

Run through the entire BoxTips playlist.

1 Like

hi!
what do you think about adding just FLIP option to alt x ?
or its already exist somehow in Hops?

ps/ i know about mirror as ctrl m as transform.mirror )

thats not a bad idea. I was discussing recently a reapproach to reset axis etc and maybe flip can fit in the goals somewhere. Mirror would be very linear tho which is also not a bad idea.

one feature you could add is the zbrush-like layer scheme

Before making any changes to the model, destructive or non-destructive, create a layer that can be hidden or deleted from the model at any time during work.

you understood me ?

and also a save scheme through the hardops interface
where it is possible to restore the model to its previous modifier application state, so the model is light to work without losing its non-destructive quality

Look into MESHmachine’s Stashes

Masterxeon1001

I’ve checked out the video of Meshmachine’s stashes. The feature of stashes is very useful in my cases because it can save times. I’ve often created a backup of surface of any model before I added more details to the surface. You know how things goes wrong when modeling a detailed surface and it become messed up. It happened.

Can you tell me any detailed tutorials about this specific use of staches?
Is it possible to always redo the modeling of a part of the model without losing the other parts already ready?
preferably both destructive and non-destructive editing ?

1 Like

I was looking for an add-on that has a similar feature. As far as I know that there is no such add-on with the feature. I just found out that MeshMachine has it. I forgot to mention this in my previous post. I created the backup of the surface/model manually without any addons and it cost me some time to do it.

If anyone knows a trick or an add-on that is able to do the feature. I appreciate that you share the information.

teach me how to record:
the base mesh
a change in edit mode
another base mesh change in the same location as the previous change

To everyone, this guy is a pirate user of MESHmachine (and perhaps HardOps too). He’s lazy and will just keep asking questions. He was just provided with a link to the specific docs, and yet he asks others to teach him, lol. Ignore him. Not worth anybody’s time.

8 Likes

Also, there are your priceless videos & a huge fresh pack on discount (too late) :raised_hand: :raised_back_of_hand:
https://www.youtube.com/c/masterxeon1001/videos

now offtopic/
I believe most already ignore everyone who “commands” or tell others what to do, especially to teach them… a Question starting with :pleading_face: Pretty Please is preferred :wink: - cash helps but still, even pets are more polite)

word - good deed goes a long way

keep it up!

1 Like

and @MACHIN3
I thought something was off about Abilio_Fernandes. With your post, I finally understood why. Thanks for the warning. :+1: I happened to notice the term “preferably” in his post. That’s what got me.

1 Like

again i apologize for the confusion

my english is bad

the meshmachine material is not very detailed
and Hardops material is very messy , not very objective

thanks everyone for helping in every way

Dude, you’re using a pirated version of some of the best addons out there, you no doubt want everything to be one click where you don’t have to think or work as well. Find another software to pirate and go and whine elsewhere.

1 Like

@anon16398817 This is an official warning: If you haven’t purchased a copy of this add-on, you’ll have to stop complaining here.

@MACHIN3 please DM me if this happens again.

4 Likes

#boxcutter 719_1 “Seax” is out now!

edit: release log

7 Likes