Hard Ops Thread

thanks for the report. Once updated to current it will be good to go.
https://hardops-manual.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq/#how-do-i-update-hard-ops-boxcutter

1 Like

Hard Ops 00987_29 is out now.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjqpj14voWsXFPY_K2IWoGfm7xoyu52_G

BoxCutter 719_10 is out now.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjqpj14voWsX5SzSykknEGFgDqW_LVwp1

6 Likes

Hello, I get an error when trying to use the mirror with Alt-X, with the latest versions of hops/boxcutter (freshly downloaded from Blendermarket) with the 3.1.0 version of Blender.

When the user first installs the Hard Ops addon, it works, but upon closing then re-opening the software, this happens, preventing the user from using the hops mirror correctly.

No setting in hard ops is changed between the installation, and re-opening the software and getting the bug, everything was kept vanilla and the bug still happened.

This is in the portable version of blender, 64 bit, on windows 10.

This bug did not happen on 3.0.1, using the slightly older 2.19.7 boxcutter and 0.9.87.27 Francium.

Thank you

one of our hotkeys did not register or was removed
add back hops.tilde_remap to your keymap under 3D global

we use it for macs I will try to look at it to not create problems in future versions

1 Like

Hi!

It did work! Took a few tries, not sure why, because the shortcut was re-added and the bug still popped up, but after the third time, the Blender gods were satisfied and it all worked.

Thank you for the fast answer.

Hi, Im using the latest version of hardops with blender 3.01. Is there a way I can turn off or disable the ‘open axial change’ ALT key? I use alt as a part of custom navigation in blender.

Using version 987_30 with Blender 3.1. Set Origin keeps producing this error:

Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\super\Desktop\blender-3.1.0-windows-x64\3.1\scripts\addons\HOps\operators\misc\set_origin.py", line 253, in modal
    self.update_dots(context, event)
  File "C:\Users\super\Desktop\blender-3.1.0-windows-x64\3.1\scripts\addons\HOps\operators\misc\set_origin.py", line 549, in update_dots
    hit, _, _, index, object, matrix = ray_cast_objects(context, origin, direction, [self.bounds_obj], evaluated=True)
  File "C:\Users\super\Desktop\blender-3.1.0-windows-x64\3.1\scripts\addons\HOps\utils\space_3d.py", line 174, in ray_cast_objects
    inverted = obj.matrix_world.inverted()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'matrix_world'

How to reproduce: select an object, hit Set Origin and B for Bounds mode. If the cursor then hovers over another object instead of the selected one, the error occurs and the modal interface freezes on the screen. This also happens in Local View while the other object isn’t even visible.

edit: resolved

1 Like

it will be checked into

1 Like

#hardops 987_30 is out now. Happy friday!

AsPowerBar_LdbXJk5pWA

4 Likes

Thank you.

Well that’s super unfortunate and a major inconvenience. I got 3.1.2 because of Metal support for my Mac M1. Please please fix this soon.

make sure you are up to date!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, Yes I got the latest version of boxcutter, and it simply does not work in 3.1.2.

id have to see it not working in 3.1.2. Since its the official stable, it appears to be working as intended. Previously I thought we were discussing 3.3.0 which is another story.

@masterxeon1001 hi, how u doing? thank you for all the work and great updates! please help me with a question - is it possible anyhow to bind your “flip view” to a hotkey? at moment i need to use it a lot, so it s not very quick to call it with view menu-f-confirm…

what are you referring to?

i mean this, but, plz, nevermind, i ve found solution for my purposes

Hi mate, I can’t seem to find Array ST3. I’m using blender 3.1 and the latest hardops. I’ve dug through the menus and looked at the docs but I just can’t seem to find where I enable it.

it no longer is available. There was no need to keep so many revisions in hops when blender is changing so rapidly, so some consolidation was needed.

1 Like