Hard Ops Thread

Found a little issue:
Can’t apply Width on objects, which have linked duplicates. Maybe it’s just by design, I don’t know. But it will be nice to fix.

Also, it would be a nice to add an option, when you select multiple objects and just pack UV’s of them, instead of unwrapping and packing. Another one option is to add unwrap by seams on all hard edges by one click. If it’s not too hard to add, then it would be a great addition to such addon.

u >> make single user

the later might be possible.

shift + d is the preferred method to duplicate in this context with
alt + d being linked duplicate which can have issues. If you need to link the data you can always select both and link wit L >> object data.

Thanks for the tips! The initial intention was to edit multiple similar objects at the same time but looks like linked duplicates really work bad with modifiers, like a bevel.

Mmm that is odd, that you are unable to replicate the error, I just loaded a build from the build bot here

The one I used is: blender-2.78.0-git.9e08019-windows64

I usually download the ones labeled: These builds are done by new compilers which are aiming to become official.
The 64bit versions.

I told blender to regress to factory settings then activated only Hard Ops, and the Slash operator crashed blender when I tried to slice a cube, I attached a blend file with two layers, grab the small cube and try to use it to slash the bigger cube, do the same for the mirrored cube shape on the first layer, in my computer blender closes instantly when I do this and in the command window I get an: Exception access violation error.

bug test1.blend (1.23 MB)

With the current official build 2.78c this error does not happen.

My Video card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 760, and I have a Intel core i7-4790K 4.00GHz in case this helps you in some way.

Ah, on this build blender-2.78.0-git.1979176-windows64 from: These builds are not as stable as releases, use at your own risk. There seems to be no problems.

However, I did got a crash on this build, by doing the following, on the second layer active on the blend file I attached previously you have two main fold cubes and on those two the operator works just fine.

Please look at the first layer of the file, that has a small cube and a mirrored cube shape that is to be slashed by the cube, this mirrored shape has the bottom face erased on purpose, now Im aware the operator expects closed shapes to work properly, however some times when I asked Hard Ops to slash the mirrored shape with the small cube this would crash blender, but not all the times, some times the operator would just return faulty non slashed geometry as a result of trying to slash this non manifold geometry (as it missing one of its faces) by crashing Blender.

I’m Ok with with needing to have closed shapes for the operator to work well, but having the app crash when you accidentally slash non main fold geometry is something I really think is dangerous, In the 2.78c version I also get faulty geometry as a result of doing this type of operation on a cube that is missing the bottom face, but the app does not crash, if the app crashes you can loose work, so if you find the reason this happened and you can some how correct it that would be awesome.

i see. This is something we’ll look into.

Having geometry manifold for booleans is quite important. It becomes a gamble otherwise.
Mirroring also can make booleans hard since the mirrored half isnt actually real at the moment.

Error access violation is a tricky issue to resolve but we do see it rear is ugly head from time to time.

Hi there,

I bought the add on today and got an issue (I don’t know if it’s normal or not).
I don’t have the slice option, only basic bolean operations. Did I do something wrong ?

I got Blender 2.78c and the last Hardops version.

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

it should be part of the Q menu or shift Q when more than 1 object is selected.

I need some help ! I enable the addon " auto mirror" that blender 2.78.5(daily build) already included . But HardOps do not show the auto mirror in Hard op Menu !

i’d check the troubleshooting on this page.

http://hardops-manual.readthedocs.io/en/latest/preferences/#add-ons

That might be fixed in the next update. I’ll have to see how the daily build differed.

Hi !
Have you seen the MOP booleans demo ?
Can some features be added to HOps ?

lol ive seen it. Also who knows. Im sure we could figure something out better than rehashing their ideas. Also they have an advantage we cant match for such operations since they rely heavily on “da shader”. However our advantage is that we’re using… Blender.

even max is jumping on the 2016 Boolean wars.

Was just playing around a bit with my settings, and noticed that when I go into the HardOps Keymap, the Operators section lists:

“No hotkey found
restore hotkeys from interface tab”

I tried resetting all my inputs, but that didn’t change it. I do remember having to muddle around with the hotkeys in the Blender Settings > Inputs way back, and am thinking I may have done something then. Is this something I should bother with, and if so how do I restore them?

Attachments

Looks like the hotkeys for mirror operations are missing. It means they were removed from input settings.
there is a problem with removing hotkeys in a blender in general so it’s a good habit to never remove those, instead uncheck them. You will avoid many problems that way.

Here are the commands for missing hotkeys if you are interested. Also, all operators can be found in menus/panel and to all hotkeys can be added.

Perfect. Thanks! I’m learning… slowly.

hey jerry,

first of all thanks for hard ops and box cutter (which someone else coded, i believe)
anyway … i wanted to ask if maybe something this would be possible for a future update of hard ops
http://www.indigosm.com/modo/unbevel_instructions.png
since you bevel quite a lot using your workflow this might be very useful

maybe. theres always a chance

a chance is better than nothing i’d say :wink:

i just tested the integrated feature of the mira tools but i’m not able to rotate or zoom with the camera due to maya navigation.
is there some way to make this work?

Yes. I actually thought mifth had integrated Maya Navigation to his addons at some point, i did point it out to him and shared the code I added on my end to enable it. Just checked, he’s got it in the preferences of the addon. Go to User Prefs > Addons > Mira Tools > expand, and under Preferences: Key Input Style: Maya

In my version I have also added Wazou Pie Menus to work for Views, so you can change views while in the modal of Mira Tools. Comes in handy for MiraLinearDeformer.

You can rip Mira Tools with the changes from my custom blender setup.

ahh, perfect :slight_smile:
many thanks orange!!