Hard Ops Thread

add-ons
commercial

(masterxeon1001) #1486

the newest versions of boxcutter are for the buildbot
https://builder.blender.org/

also we’ll look into the wires. However 99% of the issues reported this release have been resolved via blender updating to something higher than offical (b). Hope that helps.

(Binke) #1487

Ok cool ,No problem i will use the latest build bot

(AlmaTalp) #1488

Hello MasterXeon, is there a way to align a circular cutout in 3d viewport like rectangular (box) one? Thanks.

BTW I have both BoxCutter and HardOps installed on Blender 2.79b + Win 7 64 Pro and I get crashes all the time (Blender itself is stable). Is there any known issues related to this behaviour? Thx.

(masterxeon1001) #1489

https://builder.blender.org/

You will need to update blender past B. This has resolved the majority of reported issues.

D to snap shape to 3d cursor was a circle idea but I am beginning to wish it was on all tools. So that might happen in the future.

(AlmaTalp) #1490

Thanks. BTW don’t you plan to discuss N-Gon handling with the developers? I just realised again that I cannot get a usable export form any Hardops mesh (or any NGons) to Max as both FBX/Collada makes edge artifacts (‘overlapped’ concave surfaces). Triangulation is the only way but that makes no sense for a pipeline.

(MACHIN3) #1491

What happens if you recreate the troubled n-gons in max. Do they then work without the overlaps?

(AlmaTalp) #1492

That is not an option unfortunately for obvious reasons. Same mesh created (with NGons) and exported from Max works perfectly in Blender (also in Marmoset).

(MACHIN3) #1493

Why? What happens?

If you would upload the maya and blender fbx, people could actually check the files out.

(AlmaTalp) #1494

If I recreate it by the original Blender model (cap both sides) the same happens.
I meant the ‘not an option’ argument for a misunderstanding (by me); first I thought it was a suggestion to have a workaround, my bad. I will upload the fles soon; it is Max, not Maya.

(AlmaTalp) #1495

Here are the files (Blender, FBX, Max 2012).

Possible it is a triangulation problem with the order of vertices what Blender makes wrong during the export.Error triangulation NGon export from Blender.zip (119.3 KB)

(chippwalters) #1496

Hey folks. I’ve got a fairly complete Boxcutter 2D manual set up at Big Little Tips

Might be worth taking a look at if you’re wanting to learn more about Boxcutter.

(Ruka Drezard) #1497

Newest Blender builds seem to break DECALmachine… :frowning: anyone using newest Boxcutter version and DM together?

(MACHIN3) #1498

DECALmachine supports the latest stable release, which is 2.79b.

If you are adventurous, you can make DM work with the experimental builds like this.

(masterxeon1001) #1501

crosses fingers please dont crash please dont crash.

(bkjernisted) #1502

Can the new releases of hard ops and boxcutter be used with the newest 2.79 daily build or 2.79b. Which will be more stable. Thanks

(masterxeon1001) #1503

buildbot. users have reported issues with 2.79b.

(burnin) #1504

IMHO, that’s bad practice, as no such info is mentioned anywhere. Would be really nice for these versions to be marked as WIPs or betas.
So, for general & common user base, which version is most advanced, latest & stable with official 2.79b?

(masterxeon1001) #1505

My mistake. i should have been more clear.

Hops 096 should be fine with 2.79b
Boxcutter 690 is compatible with buildbot for 3d cutter. 2d should be fine with 2.79b.

2.79 has been an era. Hopefully moving to 2.8 will get it back on track.

(Peetie) #1506

Oh wow, the non destructive worklow… that is it.
To get it: press Ctrl+~ You get in the sharps manager and select none destructive.
My worklow can now be: Default cube > Csharp > add a boolean mesh > add more boolean meshes.
That’s it.
Thanks… Much much better.

(AlmaTalp) #1508

Hello, is it possible that the radial 360 function is broken? The array part works, pressing R makes an error message