Hard Ops Thread

I’m still getting the same error message “FreeAccess” was getting, even downloaded todays’ nightly build.

*EDIT#3 Okay I just used the latest nightly build, q menu and hops helper menu works, this rocks.

1 Like

Another one idea due to the release of ZBrush 2019 with updated Spotlight. Maybe it’s possible to add support for custom alphas for BoxCutter too?snapshot-03

i was gonna type. How would you convert an alpha into a mesh? And then I got an idea.
But how to convert an image to a polygon without a ton of geo. Oh wait… modifier

I gotta keep playing with 2019 and see how it plays. Looks good tho!
My install took so long i had to nap for a moment.

6 Likes

I found a big bug which may not be related with HardOps.
Is with the blender 2.8 of today “blender-2.80-a280867ac2ed-win64” downloaded from here

Although it happens as well with a blender version from two days ago.

The thing is that if you apply a “©Sharpen” to the default cube, then edit mode you select one of the faces of that cube “Shift + D” to duplicate that face and then “P” and press “Selection” to separate that face into its own.
And lastly you select that newly created mesh from that face and hit “Q” > “Operations” > “Clean Sharps” and then you hit Undo Three time blender will crash, i have done this several times and it crash just the same every time.

I`m using Hard Ops 0098_1 Californium(for Blender 2.80)_5

Any info about this?..

blender might be having a moment with the builds today. we’re checking into it.

Thanks @masterxeon1001.
I report a bug to https://developer.blender.org that may be the issue and is doing similar steps to what i described with HardOps but just using “Mark Sharp”, “Bevel Weight” and “Crease Edges”…

In the meantime i`m using a Blenber version of February 26 “blender-2.80-b4db7d80f18b-win64” and it seems to work but the Helper UI shows empty…

Please tell me if I have missed something, but, why can I download both Boxcutter and HardOps from blender market, when I have only bought HardOps?

resolved. I gotta get more sleep!

2 Likes

Tnx for hard work.

Hard ops aim at indestructible modeling and this great.
maybe need to add bevel in edit mode? its add more controls for created complex models.

1- select verts/edges/faces
2-press bevel button in hard ops menu

now script do
1- create new vertex group from select (if we have groups script create new not add to already exists) for example name “Edit”
2- add bevel modifier
2.1- add limit method to vertex group
2.2- select created vertex group(“Edit”) for bevel

bevel

And can you add selected from created vertex groups in bevel pop-up helper write names by hand not good

1 Like

aye aye. captain.

1 Like

latest version seems to be very stable. Love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

we’re pulling out of unstable waters for a moment. It was rocky yesterday. Had to go back in time for a second.

2 Likes

Hey @masterxeon1001 I can’t seem to get precision control on Ngon cutter. Am I missing something? It always skips ahead similar to a quick cut.

what sort of precision control? So far we have angle snapping with ctrl but we have more snapping planned as it progresses.

@masterxeon1001 is there an alternative to double clicking to apply a box?
It can be a bit tricky with a stylus sometimes.

spacebar, for lazer cut tab then spacebar(I guess we will need to check on that)

but in general we try to follow blender conventions

1 Like

oh, that’s awesome! Thanks!

@masterxeon1001 With boxes and circles, I can control the depth of the volumes, but with the Ngon cutter I cannot.

My guess is user error, but I couldn’t find the solution in the documentation yet.

when i use it i typically press E to extrude on ngon. I right click on the last point to end the draw before that however.

alternatively I tripple click on the final point and that also eases it into the extrusion process.

it is also able to be started on a surface and tripple clicked to begin the extrusion process as well.

you are also able to press b to bevel etc.

1 Like