Hard Ops Thread

edit: the error could also be keymap related. Sometimes zipping the config then deleting and reopening blender can help if the configuration from a previous install is bringing over stuff that has been changed but thats a longshot.

Sorry… branch… fork… whatever… Their version, both E-Cycles and Octane. Yes, you are right that I should have multiple versions going. Forgot about that. Came here from the land of LightWave… Still working on shifting my paradigms and whatnot…

A fact, my man, that is not lost on some of us, I know I’ve said it in certain, ahem, threads, but really, so grateful you are putting the work in on this for 2.80 now. I tend to tell everyone, 2.80 + Hops & BC == Shed loads of fun. the only downside is, you spend so much time just playing about simply because it’s so addictive! :joy:

As an ex-waver myself, welcome. :slight_smile: Feel free to drop me a PM if you have any “cross-over” questions, though I have to say, after the prolonged stall on modelling tools in LW, you’re gonna love 2.80 with Hops & BC. :slight_smile: Not to mention the snapping & edge/vertex slide abilities.

1 Like

Hey, thanks! Yeah, I’ve been modeling away in Blender for some time now, and been using BC and HO a bunch. Actually, I’ve only used LW Modeler a couple times in the last month or so to use radial array some and 3RDPowers plugs a couple times. Now I have the RADarr addon and recently hit a point with other stuff that I will not likely need any of the LW plugs again. Me and LW did have some good times and I’ll have some fond memories, but I needed to move on. And once Octane Blender 2.8 is available and reasonably stable… Can’t find adequate words this early in the morning…

Sounds like me, I only stuck with LW for so long because of LWCAD, get that functionality in Blender and I’ll be a happy bunny. Hops to me is to Blender what LWCAD is to LW, pretty much indispensable. :smiley:

Sorry we started hijacking HOps thread… took it to PM.

1 Like

How does that work, I have DECALmachine that has short cut D
And Boxcutter for the pie-menu shortcut D
So I thought I give DECALMachine shortkey U
But when I activate Box Cutter with Alt-W, DECALmachine stops working ( U ).
Is there a way I to deactivate Box Cutter with a shortkey so I can work with DECALMachine?

exit boxcutter and it works. we worked with machin3 to make that work. W exits boxcutter

3 Likes

Also mentioned in my FAQ: https://machin3.io/DECALmachine/docs/faq/#why-cant-i-access-decalmachines-pie-menu-when-i-activate-boxcutters-tool

1 Like

Getting this error. Haven’t used Hops in a while. Latest version 0.9.8.0(at least my Gumroad account says so) Tried in a few different versions of 2.80(all from the last month) Latest BC is working fine. Thanks.

download the latest update from the market place and you’ll be good to go.

Update: An update on my old issue on vanishing of booleans after smart apply/Apply modifiers.
I found a fix from your video tutorial which was to zip and then delete the config folder (in my case inside Appdata/Roaming/Blender).
Blender creates a new one after startup which also fixed the issues.

Thanks man, I had to add Hops/BC to my Gumroad library to get access to the latest. All good.

glad it was able to be resolved!

Hi! I am using latest Blender 2.8 and BoxCutter 712_15 (all Boxcutter UI is in “N” menu). Where is global snapping option switch? And How to turn snapping on?

EDIT: Oh, it’s in “D” menu! I think it would be good to have this button also in “Snap” menu, so we can have visual feedback - if it’s on or off, but it’s up to you of course :slight_smile:

Hi!
Boxcutter is not working on the latest build for me. :confused:

Your blender is possibly newer than your boxcutter installation i think.

Without details or an error its only speculation.

It appears to be working for me. More than likely you will need to install the latest update from the sales page.

Hope that helps.

Boxcutter version: 0.7.1.2

yes but there has been a newer 712 for this particular build of blender.
download the latest 712 from the market and youll be good to go.

1 Like