Hard Surface Model Retopology related question

Depending on the hole type, the image is still valid for the question and depend on the lowpoly surface on this place.

I suggest you rework the base cube without details and with proper and straight loops. Do not use the snapping function for retopo of your hard surface mesh, in every example shown it resulted in a throwback for you since you dealing with uneven loops and non-planar faces because of that.

Get into orthographic mode and use Numpad 1,3,5 or 7 (hold shift for the opposite) side views for a very clean look of your loops and faces. Just start with a cube in the final dimension. Create the big shapes first and refine your way down. If you are done with the big shapw (no holes yet(!)), search for “How to cut holes in your mesh” and “How to cut circular details in your mesh” here and on YT.

You need to have at least somewhat clean topology to help you with normal baking issues. For a good looking normal map, there is no way around for you to have a look into that topics first. For now you still ignored a lot of important tasks that where suggested here but are the root cause of the problems.

Sir some are telling that overlapping a hole will do the job and now you are telling it will not. I am getting confused.:sweat:

I didn’t say it does not work. Everything about holes is covered in this thread, scroll up a bit. You can bake anything, but a hole stay a hole, and if the lowpoly object does not account for that, you will get a indent or somewhat of a hole looking thing. For fake details like that, you will also use some tricks common used in game asset creation for that purpose and adjust the bevels, depths and indents to a bigger amount. This will create more detail at different zoom levels instead of getting sharp and aliased.

Keep in mind the normal map output is what counts, and you don’t want to show or render your highpoly, use this to your advantage.

Can you pls tell me why i am getting distortions in normal map

My mesh is not at all overlapping.