Hard

Hi i am new here i have a question. It is hard for me to learn blender do you need to be artist to learn it. I check the tutorial doesn’t even help. So, my question is how you guys learn it and how many years took you.

Look in the first link in my sig for a file called “Basic Training”

%<

I’ve used Blender somewhat steady for about 6 months, the first time I used it was 5 or 6 years ago and used it in spurts here and there. I am not an artist. I found that buying the Blender 2.3 Guide helped me a LOT. I am not nearly as good as most people here but I try. The best advice I can give you is this:

1. Nothing is beyond repair. If you mess up you can fix it or undo what you’ve done.

2. Dont get discouraged. If you quit when you cant get it, then you’ll never get it because you’ve quit. Make sense?

Be patient, Blender isnt something that you should expect yourself to be good at right from the get go. I’m sure most of the vets here will tell you that they still dont know everything or they may be better at one thing and suck at another. I’d say that while you are learning, try to be consistent with Blender use because its real easy for you to forget stuff if you dont use it while you are learning and try some of the easier tutorials like the gingerbread man tutorial.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Modeling_a_Gingerbread_Man

It teaches basic mesh modelling, duplication and some animation. I did it when I got the Blender 2.3 Guide. Good luck…oh and use these forums, I know i’m still a forum newb but I’ve just realized how valuable these really are. Take care.

About six years ago I said to myself when I opened Blender. “You have got to be kidding.” Now I can use Blender as fast as lightning.

I opened Blender and was clueless and gave up for a year. A year later I opened it up with some tutorials and learned it because I worked at it.

I am still not very good at Blender. I can’t uvmap and model people and some complex objects. Although I have a pretty good podracer engine coming along quite nicely. :slight_smile:

You don’t have to be an artist to learn Blender although it couldn’t hurt to learn some basic drawing skills. I know the basics of drawing, but I have hardly ever used them when working.

Above all be patient. Its not how fast you get there, but what you learn on the way.

I am learning 3ds max and its like learning Blender for the first time.
I am not use to the tools or interface. Its like a whole different world to me.

Good Luck! :smiley:

search for quickstart - there are two quick summary sheets that should help a beginner out a lot.

LetterRip

go to the wikibooks and do whatever they tell you.

then pick something off from your desk and try to model it.

if you fail doing that, try the gingerbread man tutorial.