Harry Potter Project - Half Blood Prince

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post, if not apologies to the Mods.

I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter books. They have got me through some very hard times when I was ill with cancer over a large period.
The recent Harry Potter film I thought was good but it was a shame they have to cut so much to fit it into a film. I am currently working on making a animation of Harry Potter and the Half Blood prince to be released in episode format. This is totally fan made and non-profit.
I am looking to make it nearly 100% un-abridged from the book.

One of my weaknesses is modelling. I need help with scenery and characters.
If any one could spare some time I would be very grateful. I would love to get a team of people working on this if possible so we can all make a great animation truly representing the book I love so much.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Regards, Glenn.

Do you have any experience with Blender? Or whatever software you are using?

I agree with you on the film. I didn’t even notice a climax.

I have had some previous experience in blender in the past. I am currently refreshing my skills re-doing old tutorials to pick it up again. I have a lot of free time so will be very dedicated to making this work, it is a great passion to do the book justice as it meant and means so much to me.

I have had some previous experience in blender in the past. I am currently refreshing my skills re-doing old tutorials to pick it up again. I have a lot of free time so will be very dedicated to making this work, it is a great passion to do the book justice as it meant and means so much to me.

Regards, Glenn

This sounds really out there, are you willing to put probably 20-30 years to do all of these episodes to fit the entire into a film format? I mean it took(I think) four years to create UP, which is 1 and a half hours, if you don’t want to skip anything it will be substantially longer than the theater’s film. If you want it to have quality and be cheap(which blender is in every sense, it is free) it will take tons of time. This podcast should clear up what I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54bBwUFgpEQ&feature=PlayList&p=19E7DC81F6D1D522&index=0&playnext=1
Hope you pull this through!

Oh i’m in no way thinking I will be able to produce as good quality as the animation studios. It will have to be something of an ok quality. You can see some people have done it using the sims on youtube. It may be something like that, just hopefully animated better and more freely.
Pixar quality I doubt though but I am very determind to try to do something with this. I just feel like I need to.

I read the last page of the last book released . . . about all that I read. The books are good, just that I never got into them like the fanatic fans . . . I will probably read them all though.

Oh by the way - you can put up a script, drawings etc that may help gather you a base. All the best in your project!