Has anyone seen this?? (Blender Renderfarm for free!)

Has anyone seen this?

https://renderplanet.com/

46 processors for 2 hours at no cost, I think you could do a lot with that. And it supports Blender’s render engine.

What do you think?
Is this too good to be true?

Koba

sounds good, especially if you mail them some comments about your experience. I might just try it on some big huge raytraced scene.

yea, this sounds great. thanks for the link!

I just tried it, very fast!

Great service!

Does it do parralell processing of stills?

I’ve signed up and submitted my ocean scene. I got it to upload, but the website said it completed WAY too fast. I also didn’t get any frames back. I just emailed them asking what was up.

Blender doesn’t support this, and they’re probably using a normal release version of Blender as the rendering engine (I don’t think any other way exists).

Does anyone know if linux is supported?

b01c

Why would that matter? :expressionless:
Blend files are not OS specific.

Martin

Blend files are not OS specific.

Martin[/quote]

You have to download some sort of executable.

Blend files are not OS specific. [/quote]
You have to download some sort of executable.[/quote]
I see. Yes, that would be a problem.
Maybe if you poke them enough by e-mail they’ll release a linux or OS X version :wink:

Martin

Blend files are not OS specific. [/quote]
You have to download some sort of executable.[/quote]
I see. Yes, that would be a problem.
Maybe if you poke them enough by e-mail they’ll release a linux or OS X version :wink:

Martin[/quote]

I’ll get right on that ;).

b01c

I have no doubt that one day this shall prove fantastically useful for me. Thanks for the link !
Unfortunately the only animation I have ready at the moment is a 30+ mb file, too big for my 56k modem. Must pester higher powers for broadband ! :stuck_out_tongue:

I poked 'em. They should have a direct online upload option. Stupid company. I’ll let you know what they say.

I wonder what they use though… I mean we haven’t got that sort of functionallity in blender yet… Should we ask them nicely?

You can have still image renderfarm with the current blender (AFAIK) using a script that ideasman did. You can find that at the blender.org forums.

Martin

There’s an addition (I’m not sure if it’s in current bf cvs or not) that allows command-line access to parts rendering, which can be used to split a single image up into multiple parts for rendering in seperate threads, or even on seperate machines. From there, you can batch it out, then composite the pieces with either the sequence editor or your image editor of choice. (I think that’s what theeth is talking about.)

Maybe brake the blend down and render in pieces

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!

I submitted a 450 frame animation of an animated ocean. The frames were constantly streaming back! This is the breakthrough that my work needs to actually let me be productive and not wait for the renders all the time :wink:

How did you get it to work? I’ve tried a few different blends and it says they’ve rendered but it gives back no images or anything…

Here are some python scripts that I found to manage a blender render farm. Is this Ideasman’s work or is this another renderfarm script?

http://utenti.lycos.it/mattioli/

cheers,

Bob