Hate the Apple iPad? Here's some comic relief (Hint: it gets folded in half)

whats the point of that? Jesus if they would not be able to sell it nobody would want it and thus
there would not be a need for it.

Apple did not want to make a thin laptop / tablet PC, those always failed in the past.
When they came out people were complaining about them not being as powerful as a real laptop.
When the iMac came out people said you cannot expand that PC and it is crap.

Now we have an iPad and the same happens.

But just ask yourself, you think they would invest into such an idea and waste money in case
there would not be a market for it?

Kindle is only a ebook reader and was a succeess. Now the iPad is more than 4 times better
than any Kindle and costs not that much more.

The iPad is not a laptop, it is a ebook ready with some multimedia stuff for it.
Not everybody who wants to do that needs a laptop.

Consumers have a different expectation.

If you do not understand it - that probably you are also not part of that target market.
And that is fine - I never will buy one, because I do not need one. But I can see
plenty of others who just want to browse the web, type some email, read some books,
and have some interactive fun buying it.

And they will be happy with it.

Apple didn’t pull Flash because it undermines performance. I’ll agree that Flash has very poor performance.

The reason why Apple have done this is to fully control the software that the consumer can use, they are just after money. Like any other business yes, but the way they go about it is, is, to say the least sly and pretty disgusting.

They say they sell an ‘experience’ but at the end of the day the customer can only experience what Apple deems ‘acceptable’. For example any book or application that Apple deem as bad, such as a book using swear words, well then they are banned. However films with violence and swear words are allowed, I don’t know why, perhaps if they banned a film there would be some contracts being ripped up by the big media companies. A publisher or single developer doesn’t have this bargaining power.

Apple fan boys/ girls can cry and scream all they want about how the Ipad is revolutionizing the computing world and how it’s an amazing invention, but at the end of the day it’s nothing new and it’s nothing amazing.

And critics can continue in loosing them in pointless explanations and accusations
only showing they don’t get it, or are secretly just jealous about something.

You don’t buy a car if you don’t like it. You only get a car with the minimal features
a company offers you. Do you now go to Ford and say you all suck because you do
not build the car like Fiat? The Fiat 500 sucks because it is not as save as a gas
burning SUV?

Are you going to protest in front of GM for not making smaller cars?

Why is it than that when Apples locks their system for both security and content control
it is an evil company when everybody else is also doing, such as Amazon pulling books.

This is a rather smart move because they can keep the platform clean of issues.

The hailed and open Android system, half working, with flaws, and major security issues
obviously is the better choice because you can do everything and experience everything.
From the Droid not being able to open www.stern.de to the HTC not being able to use the GPS.

How many bugs are in Flash so that you can hack into the host system?

Most anti Apple criticism I read about are plainly hypocritical and or a proof that one
did not really think and understand the product.

They provide a specific service, a specific product, and a specific vision.
Whats wrong with that? You do not have to like it.

But all those why buy it and are happy with it must be all wrong.
Also the news and magazine companies must be all wrong - hailing this a great
and much improved platform compared to the Kindle.

BTW do you buy your music CDs at Wallmart cause they sensor them with beeps.
Parents love to buy them there because of their free ability to do so.

Welcome to marketing and consumer demands.

To me, not allowing executable (i explained earlier) code is the main reason why people (at BA) want to hack/jailbreak the ip*. Whats so evil about it? Just lock the system away in root territory, such as linux and mac does, and you’ll be fine. Besides, if you let only the JIT code run, viruses would not be as common.

Anyway, the main reason non-techy people hack/jailbreak the ip* is because they want more control. Evil those who are barely computer litterate want to know where they’re files are being kept, want to change the desktop background easier. People say “I bought it, i should be able to do whatever i want with it”. With apple, theres not even an option to do this. A mode switch (ideally with >= 3 settings, such as normal, somewhat, root) would be in place. To change the setting would have to be authenticated somehow, but it would be possible.

It’s not really the consumers who will suffer (not straight away at least), it’s the developers. That’s why I’m pissed at Apple.

Why shouldn’t people be allowed to use cross platform development? What about the developers who have invested a lot of money and time in developing content for the Iphone and now are being told ‘Do it our way or F* off’. Unity users for example, if you check the top applications quite a few are developed with Unity, now because of the new SDK agreement developers cannot use Unity.

There is argument that cross platform development is bad, well if your a bad programmer of course it’s going to be bad, whatever tool you use, if you haven’t go the talent or knowledge then it will, shock horror, be bad.

Apple is just trying to create a monopoly for it’s platform and it’s doing it in plain sight. Allowing only development on it’s own Mac machines.

I was actually thinking of developing some Iphone/ Ipad applications the other day, before I read this stupid SDK agreement, but I simple CANNOT develop any now because Apple are dictating what tools I can and cannot use.

just for the flash talk: