Hate wikipedia?

then try www.unencyclopedia.org I found it recently its brilliant but beware do not base homework or anything serious around it…

You misspelled the URL, it’s www.uncyclopedia.org :smiley:
But I agree, it is brilliant :yes:

What’s wrong with Wikipedia?

but beware do not base homework or anything serious around it…
you should never base serious research around a single source anyway, even books by respected authors may not always be correct.

What’s wrong with Wikipedia?

anybody can post any old rubbish on it

Actually, Wikipedia is monitored, so if someone puts unhelpful stuff on it it gets deleted.

ohhhh okay so thats where all my stuff goes

Rotfl

That site is actually pretty interisting

There’s an apostrophe knome on wikipedia aswell. Think about that.

just like the Blender code, eh?

i dont get it, it looks like a branch of wikipedia. So is this just less filtered out then wikipedia? like you can depend on half of the info in to be lies or theories?

i dont get it, it looks like a branch of wikipedia. So is this just less filtered out then wikipedia? like you can depend on half of the info in to be lies or theories?

Its a satire version of wikipedia. It supposed to be funny, but not stupid. Some of the articles are just stupid, which is probably because they don’t filter it that much. In general, though it is very funny. A couple I recommend are the ones on Blender and Microsoft.

Basically one should only read Uncyclopedia to have a laugh. It’s the wikipedia of misinformation. If not for the fact that you know what’s true and what’s not, what’s stated on Uncyclopedia could very well have passed off as the truth.

And yes, the Blender article on Uncyclopedia is one of the best.:eyebrowlift2:

I wrote the Community: Website section of Blenders uncyclopedia: the last paragraph i thought fondly of BgDM when writing.

Ton Roosendal called dibs on CEO position

Haha.
It’s quite funny :slight_smile:

they also have things like you can report info for being true and stumps say

Haaa! bet you cant make one shorter stump than this!
unlike wikipedia which says
this article is a stump please expand it
ir something like that

Uncyclopedia is great :). I find it better than encyclopedia dramatica.

Look up Spoon guard in Uncyclopedia. Also, the Great Conspiracy (or Grand conspiracy… Foget which one it is.)

What I saw on uncyclopediea was too badly written for me to really get into it enough to find it really funny. OTOH I mainly read the article on Dragon, which is also completly insane and keeps going on about mormons.

Wikipedia is full of people taking things too far. Complaining about first research when the article is describing a website or piece of software; deleting articles about webcomics and other niche work with significant readership because they’re insufficently significant to the world; I’ve even heard of people trying to correct the spelling of their own names and being repeatedly reverted because they don’t have a citeable source. . . .

Those situations don’t happen often, and the one about the guys name was proven to be one of his friends mis-spelling it for fun to anoy him. His friend was banned for a short time.

I think I can offer my opinion here.

Oftentimes I find uncyclopedia more offensive then funny, many articles have swearing, tons of private part references, and makes fun of Jews, Christians, and other groups. The way they tear Dragons apart in that one article in some areas would make any Otherkin Dragon hurt inside and I kind of made a face at it because as a Dragon I don’t like negative portrayals of Dragons.

Also, in one article about Hitler, they joke that the Holocaust was a justification for the creation of Isreal, how can people think to write something like that?

Is there a clean humor filter on that site, I like the idea, but I want the humor to be clean and fun, not offensive.

The Blender article is fairly clean, I like the abbreviation for SSS :slight_smile:

Not to flame anyone who likes that site, but it can be hard to find an article that has no dirt in its humor.

You are right CD. There are topics i just don’t want to associate with laughing.

In the Blender article, i liked the “holy Suzanne” stuff and “Blender comes in four colours”.
Hihihi…Blender comes in four colours…