Have you met Astro ???? (with screenshots)

Dry nose is not a good sign.
Otherwise - cute

Oh wow. Amazing work. The one little nitpick I have is the the hair strands seem a little bit thick, especially on the face. The eyes and snout are dead-on though. Actually modeling the third eyelid is a really nice touch too. Can you share how you handled the tongue since it appears to actually retract? Is there just a shape key that pushes it out, or something else?

hey guys
thanks for the appreciation and critiques , it helps a lot … i have tried making wet nose and it was bit tricky … hope you like the new one …

thanks a lot once again guys

thanks derek and yup you are right … nose could be dry or wet … but simply in peoples mind wet nose is always preferable . … i have made this image after searching lots of stuff and at the starting . i was planning to make it in blender internal … but then tried in cycles and it came out really well ,
here is a little animation i have done in BI , not more but very small breathing animation just to check if i could animate this little fella …

Nice work, he looks so cute and cuddly, we have a 13 year-old beagle at our house :smiley:

It’s quite incredible how you seem to be pushing these kind of results out of BI, something which requires a level of mastery with shading and lighting. It may not have as much of the subtleties in the lighting and shading as Cycles, but in this case it does seem to get close.

How cute the little guy is!
Well done work!

Great !

The fur should have a bit more glossyness, now the fur look to “dry”.
Also his nose should be more wet.

But this is critism on a high level ! :smiley:

Kind regards
Alain

Very sweet job!

Wow! At first glance: This must be a photo! The eyes: incredible!

Amazing…Great job!

This is freaking awesome man :slight_smile:

Wow this is great! I love the detail on the paws and especially the hair.

the nose is dry, try to make it wet. if so, I have no comments.

Hair don’t seem to reflect, otherwise very good work. Maybe you can set the nose reflectivity even higher.

really nice work, one more step toward realism is the skin on the paws is too uniform, many pups do have a uniform black color…but most times it is a bit lighter in the center…this is my observation anyway…maybe my pup’s paws are just dusty:)… even for a pup.

Amazing! Nice work.

What breaks the realism for me is where the skin transitions to fur.

Notice how in any image of a dog, where the nose comes out of the fur there is a transition where the fur is shorter and darker with skin showing through. In your image that isn’t so (It looks like you tried to do this but the effect isn’t noticeable enough), this just makes it look like the nose is tacked on. The paw pads and nails also look so since the fur seems undisturbed by them as though they are not attached to anything underlying. The long and short of it is: The fur needs more noticeable variation in density.

Additionally, dogs have a cleft under their nose somewhat like we do (It’s the same concept anyway). This anatomical discrepancy also adds to the “nose tacked on” effect I’m seeing. Granted, it could be that the fur is just covering it up what you modeled in.

Luckily, the eyes sell the image. You nailed that. 'Grats on the feature.

Stunning!
How long took it to render? And what hardware you used?

The one nitpick that I have (other than the nose, but people have already talked about that) are the materials on his claws and the pads on his foot. They look way too plain compared to the detail on his nose and in his eyes. Maybe tweak the nose texture and put it on his paw pads, and make the claws just a bit translucent? Other than that it’s amazing, very great job on the fur :smiley:

Wow, my jaw just literally dropped off. The second image looks unbelievably real.