Have you wanted to do lucid dreaming?

Like you want to know you’re dreaming and you can do what you want like things that are impossible in the real world or play a game that you’ve always wanted to make without actually making it?

I have read about lucid dreaming online and it is fascinating, among one of the things they suggest you should do is find a mirror and go through it for there’s usually something abstract or exciting on the other side.

I’ve been wanting to do this, I think in some dreams I almost got there but never really got full control.

I had one a few weeks ago. You can do anything you want, its sort of weird, but then before you know it you drift off into another dream and you’ve forgotten you’re dreaming at all.

lucid dreams are pretty amazing
i was able to have a few a week after some effort, but then gradually moved back into a zombie sort of unaware state and havent really had one in a couple years.
i was to the point, and still know how to get back to the point of lucid dreaming that i could wake up in the morning, lay back down (fully awake), enter the dream state (usually all you see is black, then a scene or room, then dark, then more of a scene, then dark, then into longer scenes of dreams, all fully awake), then into the dream (fully awake, and aware everything i see and hear is a dream and that i’m really in bed asleep), then out of the dream (usually a sense of becoming grounded seeing all black and hearing yourself breath deep, just the sound of your breath) then awake sitting up. all fully awake and consious of everything the whole time.
this is the peak of my lucid ablility, which i probably acheived over a few months of lots of reading and trying different techniques. my real goal was to learn how to get in, a good technique, and then after i found that i took a break, knowing i could get back in when i was ready/wanted to. but its been a few years and i’ve always been thinking about getting back.
i still have flashes of awakeness in my dreams, but nothing like the level of awake i used to have.
you really do see the world differently after having a concious dream. :o

I had a dream a few weeks ago, it was that my friend was sticking pins in me. It really hurt.

My friend claimed this ability. I just wonder why I had a dream in which a giant talking racoon was made at me because I showed him a stuffed Grinch doll, to which he remarked “Get me away from that bandit!”

This was a real dream of mine.

P.S. Kansas, you have like five threads started on the first page of off-topic. Maybe, just maybe, you are going a little overboard . . .

I once had a lucid dream but I wasn’t really sure if it was a lucid dream or not so I decided to test it by seeing if i could make a donut appear, and then I looked down at my hand and I had a donut! Which totally freaked me out and woke me up!

So basically I wasted my lucid dream for a dount. Which I didn’t get to eat.

/me looking for an old thread about lucid dreaming…

foud in it:
https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23735&highlight=lucid+dreaming

another thing you can do is get stoned or drunk before going to sleep, not so much lucid dreaming, but tent to remember your dreams more the next morning, and there er… a tad different :wink:

I usually wouldn’t dare to revive a topic that old. It dates 2003 and some of the members who posted there don’t seem to come anymore.

heh, heh… bummer! Was it a jelly?

another thing you can do is get stoned or drunk

drugs! bring on the drugs!

Seriously, tho: I understand there’s a lot of info/instruction out there about how to make yourself enter this state of mind. I think trying to “make it happen” could be dangerous on a spiritual level in that it opens up/invites spiritual influence in your life, and not of the “friendly” variety. I would recommend caution for that possible reason…

heh, heh… bummer! Was it a jelly?

another thing you can do is get stoned or drunk

drugs! bring on the drugs!

Seriously, tho: I understand there’s a lot of info/instruction out there about how to make yourself enter this state of mind. I think trying to “make it happen” could be dangerous on a spiritual level in that it opens up/invites spiritual influence in your life, and not of the “friendly” variety. I would recommend caution for that possible reason…[/quote]
About helping to enter it, I wonder if scientists can come up with a special something that you could take and it virtually guarantees a lucid dream. If they can come up with something i’m at it. :slight_smile:

true, this is touchy stuff, and those who do it walk a fine grey line… if you get what I mean.

They have! (Not scientists, per se, I guess…) Its known as “acid” or “heroin” or any other halucinogen out there… my advice: stay away from that stuff at all costs!

Here’s what you do if you want to lucid dream:

When you are awake, read something, look away, ask yourself if you’re dreaming, and read it again. Do this all the time; with books, with road signs, with your computer. Keep doing this day after day.

The reason why? You won’t be able to read the same thing twice when you are dreaming. If you read something, look away, and then look back, it won’t be the same. When you get in the habit in your waking life of asking yourself if you are dreaming when you look away, you’ll start catching yourself in dreams. This technique takes a little while to make work, but it works really well. I used to do it a lot when I first heard about lucid dreaming, and I used to catch myself very frequently.

Something really fun to prove that you are dreaming: When you realize that it’s happening, jump. You’ll jump really, really high. Flying is easy also, but jumping is a good, well…, jumping off point.

Also, if you start to fade out of a dream while you know it’s happening; spin. It will keep you in the dream most of the time.

One more thing of note: you know those dreams when you are trying to run but your feet are slipping beneath you and you go almost nowhere? It’s because of your posture. If you notice that you are dreaming, then you should realize that you are bent over in an almost a ninety degree angle. Straighten up and you will be able to run as fast as you can imagine.

NO DRUGS REQUIRED.

I think trying to “make it happen” could be dangerous on a spiritual level in that it opens up/invites spiritual influence in your life, and not of the “friendly” variety. I would recommend caution for that possible reason…

Huh? Where did you get that idea, and what does it even mean?

They have! (Not scientists, per se, I guess…) Its known as “acid” or “heroin” or any other halucinogen out there… my advice: stay away from that stuff at all costs![/quote]
I meant non dangerous things you could take to help you lucid dream. :-?

after researching this some, and finding out what it is, I realiused I have lucid dreams about twice a month or so, I never knew it was “unusual,” I just thought it was weird that I could control what I did in my dreams. I never thought it was spiritual or anything, just weird. Now I know, and I plan on trying the check everything technique. one of my recent dreams gave me an idea for a shot movie, I’ll post it in news and chat.

I think trying to “make it happen” could be dangerous on a spiritual level in that it opens up/invites spiritual influence in your life, and not of the “friendly” variety. I would recommend caution for that possible reason…

is based on factual info or just what you think? because it would kinda suck to wake up from a lucid dream posessed or something… :o

I have never REALLY lucid dreamed, I have, however, been aware that I was dreaming. A recurring dream is that I can use the Force. it pwnz…

sweet :smiley: