Haven't downloaded Publisher 2.25 Linux yet - who has it?

(Qbertino) #1

Hi!
I’ve got a problem. I’ve got a publisher license but I didn’t get round to downloading the most recent update (with the cool NLA stuff!!!). We I did I noticed that NaN had gone broke - that was just last night :-(((
Does anyone have a copy of the publisher package 2.25 for Linux - the HW accelarated version?
Please drop me a line at ritschratsch-NSPM-at-NSPM-gmx.de.
Or just post here on this tread and I’ll contact you. Thank you.

BTW: I’Ve got some blender stuff I copied of the blender.nl site in my archives. If anyone needs anything drop me a line and I’ll see what I can do.

What a f*cking shame and disaster, isn’t it?

(macke) #2

Hi, I mirrored all the publisher files before things went under. But I don’t feel like distributing them, actually, I don’t think its such a good idea.

But if you can proove in some way that you infact own a publisher license I could of course send you the 2.25 linux build.

Sending a copy of your license would violate the license agreement I believe so that is out of the question. How about giving a screenshot of your publisher 2.2x something in action? Send it to my email [email protected]

Or perhaps the first two lines of the license, or some part so that I can verify that you actually have one. (do NOT by any means send the complete license as I believe it would violate the license agreement!)

(Qbertino) #3

Hey, Macke, remeber our lively discussion when you where a little disapointed and left the community (for 10 days or so… :wink: )?
I then had the impression that , above all difference in opinion we might have had (lot in common aswell), you where a very fair member of the community. (And that head really looks cool :-).
Guess I was right on with my impression.

Thanks a lot and I’ll drop you a line this very day! (gotta figure how to screenshot with linux… :slight_smile: )

(quiss42) #4

On 2002-03-16 05:42, macke wrote:
But if you can proove in some way that you infact own a publisher license I could of course send you the 2.25 linux build.

I’ve got the same problem, just the other way round. I do have the Linux version, but need the Win one (thought there would be time to download it later :frowning: ).

So, my question: Would you do the same for me too (with the win version), after I sent you a proof of owning a publisher license?

(system) #5

Hey quiss,
I need the Linux version, I bought publisher Sunday, just in time I guess (or just in time to get screwed). I too thought there would be time enough to return and get the Linux vers. Anyways, email me and we can swap windows-linux versions.

[email protected]
-Ill

On 2002-03-16 09:54, quiss42 wrote:

[quote]
On 2002-03-16 05:42, macke wrote:

I’ve got the same problem, just the other way round. I do have the Linux version, but need the Win one (thought there would be time to download it later :frowning: ).

So, my question: Would you do the same for me too (with the win version), after I sent you a proof of owning a publisher license?

[/quote]

(Pablosbrain) #6

go to blender.nl and email them. I think the email is [email protected] I’m sure you’d be able to get something worked out. It says on the site they will be emailing all publisher owners with their key and other info. Hopefully that will happen soon.

(macke) #7

Qbertino: Yes, I do remember that lively discussion. Sadly, I knew then already that something like this would eventually happen if NaN continued their strategy (I guess this I-told-you-so attitude is in every blenderheads heart ;o)

And so I wanted to leave, just to find myself checking back six months later or so to find that Blender was going to become everything I predicted that it would not! It took me about a week or two before I felt like a dog with the tail between his legs and came crawling back. LIGHTWAVE IS A BITCH I TELL YA! =D

Anyhow, I’d be glad to help out, can’t check my mail right now, but will do first thing when I get home tomorrow.