Haywire

Some abstract stuff as little side-project inbetween; I’ve wanted to do such weirdly twisted whatever 4 some time now, something somewhere between a möbius strip and Escher-like geometrically impossible object of some kind, ony more complex. So here’s what I’ve come up with after 2 days of figurein’ out where the idea’ll lead me.

greetings, Kologe

Attachments

Escher is one of my favorite artists as well, so im keen to see someone’s influenced works… these are quite cool, but i think they are missing the obvious continuous looping that Escher has. his work was very contained within the border, where as you’re piece leaves the frame. i think the first and third ones have the best lighting and the shapes are interesting but it would be nice to see their direction a little clearer on the far side… where the loops disappear makes it hard to see where they reconnect. very cool though, very cool

Well, afterall my work wasn’t too much influenced by Escher in this case. And I couldn’t think of any way of getting that “strange loop”-effect into it, anyway.
But apart from that, I’ve rerendered the 3rd one with some copper material & also done a little animation of it. Nothing special, pretty much random-keyframing actually, but that’s what it’s all about, in a way. There’s a reason it’s called “Haywire”:rolleyes:.
The lighting is always the same, btw.
Here’s the Youtube-Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwbtUJIBhcw
greetings, Kologe

Attachments

Looks fantastic, especially the animation, but how did you model that?!

cool. im also interested in how you got that mesh.